Profit-focused supplier management
How to identify risks and recognize opportunities
Pirkko Ostring provides us with new and valuable insight to our approach to analyzing and managing the risk of the supply chain side of the overall business equation. The book has practical rules, examples, and tools that come from working experiences and fit generically to all businesses, large or small. Essential reading on the road to business excellence and balanced risk.
David Hartley, FCMA, former Vice President and General Manager, Nokia Mobile Phones, China
Strategic supplier management can increase productivity, eliminate ineffective processes, and substantially boost your company's bottom line. For proof- and a global role model-look no further than Nokia Corporation, long cited for its cutting-edge supplier management initiatives. Drawing from her experience at Nokia, author Pirkko Ostring details how to understand and maximize relationships with suppliers to help your company minimize risk and improve profitability, regardless of industry.
Profit-Focused Supplier Management is the first book written to address suppliers as ongoing business management opportunities. Oslnng clearly distills both operational and financial information in language understandable to the general business professional, and reveals:
- Why you should analyze current and potential suppliers to choose which suppliers you should analyse to create a corporate analysis
- How to investigate what is behind financial figures WHowto analyze qualitative factors
And much more. The book features valuable tools and templates for performing accurate and practical evaluations-both corporate and financial-of almost any type of vendor or supplier, and offers case examples from companies including Intel, Marconi, and Sanmina-SCI. These examples show how the author's methodologies are applied in real settings, while other, fictional cases illustrate the importance of in-depth analyses.
Profit-Focused Supplier Management gives you the means to uncover valuable information about your suppliers, letting you make better supply chain decisions while limiting risks and improving your company's operational and financial health.
- A Strategy for Analyzing Your Suppliers
- Why Analyze Your Suppliers?
- Choosing Which Suppliers to Analyze
- Components of a Corporate Analysis of Suppliers
- Creating a Corporate Analysis
- Investigating What Is Behind Financial Figures
- Analyzing Qualitative Factors
- Using Analyzing Tools and Useful Templates
- Studying Examples
- Appendix - For More Information
L'auteur - Pirkko Ostring
Pirkko Ostring (Espoo, Finland) is Manager of Business Analysis at Nokia Corporation.
|Éditeur(s)||Mc Graw Hill|
|Nb. de pages||256|
|Format||16 x 23,5|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Nos clients ont également acheté
- Les meilleures ventes en Graphisme & Photo
- Les meilleures ventes en Informatique
- Les meilleures ventes en Construction
- Les meilleures ventes en Entreprise & Droit
- Les meilleures ventes en Sciences
- Les meilleures ventes en Littérature
- Les meilleures ventes en Arts & Loisirs
- Les meilleures ventes en Vie pratique