The Complete Guide to Sales Force Incentive Compensation
Designing an incentive plan to turn sales reps into sales superstars!
If you're like most sales leaders, your incentive program is a constant challenge, as you try to jumpstart sales, energize a geographically dispersed and autonomous workforce, and motivate salespeople to achieve ambitious revenue goals. And sometimes it seems like you just don't know what works; your products and markets are changing, the incentive program that was so successful last year no longer produces the desired results, or perhaps the generous incentive program you created has yielded a corps of highly paid salespeople who spend most of their time on existing clients and minimal time generating new business-and threaten to walk away with your customer base if you scale back paychecks!
Incentive programs are seductively powerful but complicated instruments. Without careful planning and implementation, they can be too stingy to motivate, too complex to understand, too quick to reward mediocre results, and too difficult to implement. But a well-designed and implemented incentive program is an essential tool for building a motivated, highly effective sales force that delivers the results you need.
The Complete Guide to Sales Force Incentive Compensation is a practical, accessible, detailed roadmap to building a compensation system that gets it right by creating motivating incentives that produce positive outcomes. Packed with hundreds of real-life examples of what works and what doesn't, this important guide helps you:
- Understand the value of building an incentive plan that is aligned with your company's goals and culture.
- Avoid the common trap of overusing incentives to solve too many sales management problems.
- Measure the effectiveness of your current incentive program, employing easy-to-use tools and metrics for pinpointing its weak spots.
- Design a compensation plan that attracts and retains successful salespeople, including guidelines for determining the correct pay level, the best salary incentive mix, the proper performance measures, and the right performance payout relationship.
- Select an incentive compensation plan that works for your organization-then test the plan before it is launched.
- Set territory-level goals that are fair and realistic, and avoid overpaying the sales force because goals are too easy, or demoralizing salespeople by having goals that are too difficult or not fairly assigned.
- Create and manage sales contests, SPIFFs (Special Performance Incentive for Field Force), and recognition programs that consistently deliver the intended results.
- Manage a successful transition to a new compensation plan and build efficient administration systems to support your plan.
Every year, corporations spend $200 billion compensating their sales forces, with extremely mixed results. Make sure every dollar you spend is helping to achieve your goal of creating an empowered, effective sales force that drives your company's success. Packed with ready-to-use formulas and assessment tools and a wealth of insights from frontline sales managers and executives, The Complete Guide to Sales Force Incentive Compensation is your hands-on, easy-to-read playbook for crucially important decisions.
L'auteur - Andris A. Zoltners
Andris A. Zoltners is a Professor of Marketing at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. He is a founder and co-chairman of ZS Associates, a global business consulting firm. For over 30 years, he has served the business community as a professor, consultant, speaker, and author on marketing and sales force performance. He lives in Evanston, Illinois.
L'auteur - Prabhakant Sinha
Prabhakant Sinha is a founder and co-chairman of ZS Associates, where he has consulted with more than 200 firms in North America, Europe, and Asia. He also teaches executive education courses on sales force effectiveness at Kellogg, the London Business School, and the Indian School of Business, and leads custom workshops for sales leadership teams. He lives in Evanston, Illinois.
L'auteur - Sally E. Lorimer
Sally E. Lorimer is a consultant, specializing in sales and marketing, and business writer. She was previously a principal at ZS Associates, where she consulted with numerous companies on sales force design. She lives in Northville, Michigan.
- Sales Force Incentive Compensation and the Successful
- Reviewing a Current Incentive Compensation Plan and Setting Objectives for a New Plan
- Plan Design Fundamentals
- Plan Design Part 1: Determining the Correct Pay Level Is Your Sales Force Pay Level Correct?
- Plan Design Part 2: Finding the Best Salary-Incentive Mix
- Plan Design Part 3: Selecting Performance Measures
- Plan Design Part 4: Determining the Right Performance-Payout Relationship
- Evaluating Proposed Sales Incentive Compensation Plan Alternatives and Selecting a New Plan
- Setting Effective Goals and Objectives
- Increasing Sales Force Motivation Through Sales
- Making an Effective Transition with a Major
- Incentive Compensation Plan Administration
|Auteur(s)||Andris A. Zoltners, Prabhakant Sinha, Sally E. Lorimer|
|Nb. de pages||496|
|Format||19 x 26|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Nos clients ont également acheté
- Les meilleures ventes en Graphisme & Photo
- Les meilleures ventes en Informatique
- Les meilleures ventes en Construction
- Les meilleures ventes en Entreprise & Droit
- Les meilleures ventes en Sciences
- Les meilleures ventes en Littérature
- Les meilleures ventes en Arts & Loisirs
- Les meilleures ventes en Vie pratique
- Entreprise & Droit Marketing et vente Techniques de vente - Négociation
- Entreprise & Droit Production Processus
- Entreprise & Droit Efficacité du manager Diriger - Décider
- Entreprise & Droit Efficacité du manager Animer une équipe
- Entreprise & Droit Efficacité du manager Communiquer - Gérer les conflits Parler en public - Conduire une réunion
- Entreprise & Droit Efficacité du manager Techniques d'efficacité Rédiger ses documents