AGP System Architecture provides an overview of the technology, a detailed description of the specification, and a practical tutorial for mastering AGP. Comprehensive and concise, it presents all the information you need to understand and utilize this proliferating technology. In particular, this book focuses on 3-D graphics and video-related issues-the applications most served by AGP.
You will find coverage of the following essential
- AGP advantages over PCI graphics for rendering 3-D
- AGP signaling requirements, including electrical AC and
DC specifications and AGP driver and receiver
- Signals for AGP-compliant masters and targets
- AGP arbitration, with a look at optimization of grant
- AGP transaction requests and ordering rules
- AGP and Fast Write transactions in the 1X, 2X, and 4X
data transfer modes
- AGP hardware environment, including add-in cards,
connectors, and the motherboard
- AGP-specific configuration registers
This indispensable resource will enable you to utilize AGP
tools, design a high quality AGP device and support AGP in
The PC System Architecture Series is a crisply written and comprehensive set of guides to the most important PC hardware standards. Each title is designed to illustrate the relationship between the software and hardware, and thoroughly explains the architecture, features, and operation of systems built using one particular type of chip or hardware specification.
L'auteur Dave Dzatko
has over ten years of experience designing and testing computer systems. He is currently an instructor with MindShare, Inc., teaching computer architecture to leading companies in the computer industry.
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "AGP system architecture"
|Collection||PC system architecture series|
|Nb. de pages||400|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ d'un million de livres disponibles