Authors Elliott Lieb and Michael Loss take you quickly from basic topics to methods that work successfully in mathematics and its applications. While omitting many usual typical textbook topics, Analysis includes all necessary definitions, proofs, explanations, examples, and exercises to bring the reader to an advanced level of understanding with a minimum of fuss, and, at the same time, doing so in a rigorous and pedagogical way. Many topics that are useful and important, but usually left to advanced monographs, are presented in Analysis, and these give the beginner a sense that the subject is alive and growing.
This new Second Edition incorporates numerous changes since the publication of the original 1997 edition and includes:
- a new chapter on eigenvalues that covers the min-max principle, semi-classical approximation, coherent states, Lieb-Thirring inequalities, and more
- extensive additions to chapters covering Sobolev Inequalities, including the Nash and Log Sobolev inequalities
- new material on Measure and Integration
- many new exercises
- and much more ...
The Second Edition continues its no-nonsense approach to the topic that has made it one of the best selling books on the subject. It is an authoritative, straight-forward volume that readers--from the graduate student, to the professional mathematician, to the physicist or engineer using analytical methods--will find useful both as a reference and as a guide to real problem solving.
- Measure and integration
- Rearrangement inequalities
- Integral inequalities
- The Fourier transform
- The Sobolev spaces H1 and H1/2
- Sobolev inequalities
- Potential theory and Coulomb energies
- Regularity of solutions of Poisson's equation
- Introduction to the calculus of variations
- More about eigenvalues
- Part Title
- List of symbols
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Analysis"
|Éditeur(s)||American Mathematical Society (AMS)|
|Auteur(s)||Elliott H. Lieb, Michael Loss|
|Nb. de pages||346|
|Format||18 x 26|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine (1)
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ de 700 000 livres disponibles