You can count on business statistics demystified!
If I had Business Statistics Demystified in school, I would have passed business statistics the first time, instead of having to retake the course twice. I find Business Statistics Demystified easy to follow and apply.
Anne Englert, M.Ed.
Learn the statistics that makes for good business decisions. Now anyone who wants to improve business performance can master statistics -- without formal training, unlimited time, or a genius I.Q. In Business Statistics Demystified, top-notch statistical programmer Steve Kemp and business author Sid Kemp team up to provide an effective, painless way to learn or review the statistics that can help ensure your business success.
With Business Statistics Demystified, you master the subject one simple step at a time -- at your own speed. This unique self-teaching guide offers quizzes at the end of each chapter, an exam for each section, as well as handy hints and tips to help you master terminology, concepts, and equations.
Heres a fast, easy-to-use self-teaching course that gives you everything you need to:
- Become the can-do new manager who reads, evaluates, uses, and creates statistical studies and reports
- Use statistics for customer and human resources surveys, forecasting, quality management, and more
- See how business and statistics come together in the real world with Tips on Terms, Study Review, and Survival Strategies
- Pick up practical tips and rules of thumb and avoid mistakes
- Learn, step-by-step, how to perform a statistical study and present the results in reports and meetings
- Understand when to use each type of statistical graph, and how to create each one
- Take a final exam in each section and grade it yourself!
Simple enough for beginners but challenging enough for those with some statistical background, Business Statistics Demystified is your direct route to learning or brushing up on statistics and boosting your career.
L'auteur Steven M. Kemp
Steven M. Kemp, Ph.D. is a Research Assistant Professor at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he received his Ph.D. in Psychology in 1993 from the L. L. Thurstone Psychometric Laboratory. He has taught Statistics at the Masters level at the Nursing School at UNC/CH. Steve does research in such exotic areas as neural network simulations of behavior, situational evaluations of behavioral simulations, and abductive reasoning. He is the inventor of the InSitu testbed (www.InSituTestbed.org). In previous lives, he has worked in data processing, software development, technical writing, advertising, and retail. This is his first book. When not writing or researching, he is a computer programmer and statistical consultant. Steve lives south of town with his cat, Eureka. Those interested in Steves research or personal life can browse his WebSite: http://www.unc.edu/~skemp/
- What Is Business Statistics?
- Statistics for Business
- What Is Statistics?
- What is Probability?
- Preparing A Statistical Report
- What Is a Statistical Study?
- Planning a Statistical Study
- Getting the Data
- Statistics Without Numbers: Graphs and Charts
- Common Statistical Measures
- A Difference That Makes a Difference: When Do Statistics Mean Something?
- Reporting the Results
- Statistical Inference: Basic Procedures
- Estimation: Summarizing Data About One Variable
- Correlation and Regression
- Group Differences: Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) and Designed Experiments
- Nonparametric Statistics
- Making Business Decisions
- Creating Surveys
- Quality Management
- Appendix A: Basic Math For Statistics
- Appendix B: Answers To Quizzes And Exams
- Appendix C: Resources For Learning
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Business Statistics Demystified"
|Éditeur(s)||Mc Graw Hill|
|Auteur(s)||Sid Kemp, Steven M. Kemp|
|Nb. de pages||380|
|Format||19 x 23|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine (1)
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ de 700 000 livres disponibles
- Sciences Mathématiques Mathématiques appliquées Probabilités
- Sciences Mathématiques Mathématiques appliquées Statistiques
- Sciences Etudes et concours Classes préparatoires et grandes écoles - Livres classes prépas scientifiques Mathématiques
- Entreprise Economie Maths pour l'économie
- Entreprise Enseignement Maths pour économie, gestion et finance