Digital Photography: Expert Techniques
Professional Tips & Workflow Strategies for Using Photoshop to Enhance Your Digital Photography Skills
- Nombre de pages : 470 pages
- Date de parution : 05/05/2004
- EAN13 : 9780596005474
- Prix Eyrolles.com41,00 €
à la librairie Eyrolles, Paris
This absorbing book, by professional photographer and author Ken Milburn, offers a ton of expert advice to those who are ready to move to the next level with digital photography. Rather than a general discussion of photography principles, Digital Photography: Expert Techniques focuses on workflow: time-tested, step-by-step procedures based on hard-nosed experience by and for genuine practitioners of the art. The book's conversational tone presents detailed information about what to look for in today's affordable high-end digicams, how to use simple techniques and equipment to shoot breathtaking shots, instructions on shooting great panoramas, dos-and-don'ts for creating better Photoshop masks, and professional digital darkroom techniques for everything from knockouts to restoration to transforming your photos into watercolors. It even shows you how to get your most prized photographs printed and ready for exhibition.
- Understanding your digital camera from the inside out.
- Creating effects with the camera: making panoramas, high-resolution matrixes, infrared photos, and more.
- General composition and managing your workflow.
- Using the digital darkroom and Photoshop CS to make your images professional caliber.
- Understanding the power of Photoshop CS selections and masks.
- Using special effects to save what's good, and get rid of the bad and the ugly.
- Creating fictitious photos: bend and wrap images to fit an object, insert a more interesting skyscrape, and more.
- Professional color and tonal management
- Creating portfolios and presenting your images on the Web.
Digital Photography: Expert Techniques is in four-color front to back, allowing you to see each step in the Digital Photographer's workflow, including the steps in-between. Serious photographers, including professionals, who want to take advantage of the unique creative powers available through digital photography and digital image processing will find this problem-solving book invaluable.
- The Digital Photographer
- Be Prepared
- Bringing Out the Best Picture
- Photoshop Selections, Masks, and Paths
- Basic Digital Photo Corrections
- Converting Photos to Paintings
- Special Photographic Effects
- Retouching and Rescuing Photos
- Creating Fictitious Photos
- Color Printing
- Use Pictures to Sell Yourself
- Sell It on the Web