Get the Money You Need to Grow Your Business
"Combating the often elusive nature of understanding private investing and venture capital, Andrew Sherman has prepared in one reference source a primer that demystifies in simple, layman's terms how this process actually works. A must-have for any first-time entrepreneur in search of capitalizing a start-up enterprise."
Julia Spicer, Executive Director, Mid-Atlantic Venture Association
"Kudos to Andrew Sherman and his editors. Rarely does a second edition of a best-selling primer widely improve on its original. But Sherman's new Raising Capital does that grandly. For anyone embarking on raising money-for the first time or the tenth time-this is a must-have tool. It's the next best thing to having Andrew Sherman himself at your elbow."
Burt Alimansky, Chairman, The Capital Roundtable, and Managing Director, Alimansky Capital Group Inc.
"Capital is the lifeblood of an organization, and Raising Capital is the definitive guide to making it pump. Andrew Sherman has pulled all the tips and tricks together into one comprehensive guide. Raising money is hard enough; finding out how to do it shouldn't be."
Verne Harnish, "Growth Guy" syndicated columnist, Founder, Young Entrepreneurs' Organization
"I heartily recommend Raising Capital to all entrepreneurs starting down the fundraising path. If those seeking funding from our angel investor groups would read this book first, there would be a lot fewer disappointed business owners!"
John May, Co-Manager, The Dinner Clubs, and Co-Author of Every Business Needs an Angel
"Andrew Sherman has been counsel to some of the most exciting start-ups in the mid-Atlantic region. His hands-on experience guiding companies through good times and challenging periods provides the real-world insight that aspiring entrepreneurs can put to use. Because he recognizes that not all start-ups are candidates for venture capital, he lays out the various alternatives. For those companies which are a good match for venture capital, he provides practical guidance for getting from business concept to successful IPO or acquisition."
John S. Taylor, Vice President of Research, National Venture Capital Association
"If you are in the capital markets, the second edition of Raising Capital is an incredible resource that is timely and reflects a real-world perspective of the challenging capital-raising process. Following Andrew's advice and guidance will definitely improve the odds of success."
Howard Davis, Vice President, The Shemano Group
"Andrew Sherman is an attorney who really knows his stuff in raising capital and growing entrepreneurial firms. Read this book to get practical information on finding the right kind of capital for your business. The book is chock-full of helpful suggestions and example documents you will see and use in your growth journey."
Marianne Hudson, Executive Director, Angel Capital Association, Kauffman Foundation
- Getting Ready to Raise Capital
- Capital-Formation Strategies and Trends
- Understanding Legal and Governance Structures
- The Role Your Business Plan Plays
- Early-Stage Financing
- Start-Up Financing
- The Art and Science of Bootstrapping
- Private Placements
- Commercial Lending
- Leasing, Factoring, and Government Programs
- Growth Financing
- Venture Capital
- Anatomy of a Venture-Capital Transaction
- Preparing for an Initial Public Offering
- The Mechanics of an Initial Public Offering
- Alternatives to Traditional Financing
- Franchising, Joint Venture, Co-Branding, and Licensing
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Capital Formation Business Growth Resources Directory
|Auteur(s)||Andrew J. Sherman|
|Nb. de pages||444|
|Format||16 x 23,5|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
- Les meilleures ventes en Graphisme & Photo
- Les meilleures ventes en Informatique
- Les meilleures ventes en Construction
- Les meilleures ventes en Entreprise & Droit
- Les meilleures ventes en Sciences
- Les meilleures ventes en Littérature
- Les meilleures ventes en Arts & Loisirs
- Les meilleures ventes en Vie pratique