The book of risk
"Failure to read and to heed Borge on risk is an unacceptable risk."
–Charles S. Sanford, Retired Chairman of the Board and CEO, Bankers Trust New York Corporation and Bankers Trust Company
"The essential concepts of risk set forth in clear
language and an engaging manner. Dan Borge demonstrates the
use of tools for decision making in uncertainty with
intuitive examples and broad application."
–Clinton Lively, Managing Director, Corporate Risk Management, Merrill Lynch
"Would you like a systematic way to make decisions whose
risky outcomes can damage your well-being? Have you been
out of school long enough so that you want the answers and
not the theories? The Book of Risk brings the scientific
tools of risk management to intelligent investors using
Strunk and White's crisp and clear writing style."
–Professor Alan C. Hess, School of Business, University of Washington
"Dan Borge's The Book of Risk provides clear insights
and tools to help readers make decisions that shift the
odds in their favor. The biggest risk is not reading
–Peter D. Moore, Founder and CEO, Human Capital Forum
"Combining technical integrity with common sense, Dan
Borge has taken the arcane topic of risk management and
transformed it into a lively, mainstream way of thinking
about how we make choices every day–in financial
markets, in life sciences, in simply choosing to cross a
busy road when we're in a hurry. Quite simply the best
introduction to risk management yet written."
–John Herron Jr., Former Senior Managing Director and Head of BT Ventures, Bankers Trust Company Consultant, and Managing Partner of Elm Tree, LLC
"Dan Borge builds the concepts of risk management in a
very readable and interesting manner. Readers who watch the
house being built will be better equipped to manage risks
in both their professional and personal life."
–Dwight B. Crane, George F. Baker Jr. Professor of Business Administration, Harvard Business School
- What Is Risk Management and Why Should You Care?
- Beliefs and Preferences.
- Combining Art and Science: Volatility and Correlation.
- Fundamental Strategies for Managing Risks.
- The Enemy Within.
- Grooming You to Be CEO.
- The View from the CEO's Chair.
- You Are in Charge of Your Life—What Are You Going to Do?
- Risks and Opportunities.
|Nb. de pages||244|
|Format||15 x 22|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
- Les meilleures ventes en Graphisme & Photo
- Les meilleures ventes en Informatique
- Les meilleures ventes en Construction
- Les meilleures ventes en Entreprise
- Les meilleures ventes en Sciences
- Les meilleures ventes en Littérature
- Les meilleures ventes en Arts & Loisirs
- Les meilleures ventes en Vie pratique
- Les meilleures ventes en Droit