Traditionally, stock markets have been accorded a key role in the financial system of any market economy. Their function, as classically defined, is to provide a single space, either physical or virtual, where the supply and demand for finance from different economic agents can meet : where the demand of companies seeking finance is matched to the supply of capital from private or institutional investors. Meanwhile, market members mediate the flows of demand and supply, and the regulatory authorities set rules and oversee the correct functioning of the market.
Recently, however, stock markets have found themselves the focus of public, and political, debate as to the social desirability of different models for economic development. Two main factors seem to underlie this sudden resurgence of interest by public opinion. First, a sharp rise in the proportion of direct or indirect shareholders among the general population has brought with it greater public awareness of the issues. Second, the radical technological changes and rapid internationalisation of markets has given them a major role in the increasing trend towards economic globalisation. Both these trends are ongoing and look set to continue, or accelerate, in the future.
This special edition of the Revue d'économie financière presents a number of aspects of financial exchanges. The contributions show the importance of the subject and the variety of issues at stake. This edition of the Revue d'économie financière also contains information, opinions and analyses which provide an insight into the issues of this essential debate.
L'auteur Collectif Association d'Economie Financière (AEF)
Autres livres de Collectif Association d'Economie Financière (AEF)
- The future of financial exchanges
- A history of the market, from "agents de change" to Euronext
- Recent developments in the US capital markets
- A new organization for financial markets : what is at stake in the MiFID ?
- The contribution of stock markets in financing economic activity
- Stock exchange development and economic growth
- The contribution of stock exchanges to the economic restructuring of Central and Eastern Europe
- The role of equity markets in financing economic activity
- Fixed income : a new trend towards centralisation of trading on exchanges ?
- IPO procedures in Europe : the development of practices and perspectives
- The importance of stock markets for the future of financial centres
- Organization of exchanges, structures and transparent price discovery systems
- Liquidity, cost of capital and the organization of trading in stock markets
- The future of stock exchanges : how issuers look at it ?
- Open outcry or electronic : it's the market's choice
- Regulating for tomorrow's equity markets
- Economics of the industry, competition and infrastructure governance
- Stock exchange demutualization : a precondition for their capacity to innovate ?
- Corporate governance of stock exchanges
- Governance of market infrastructures - Key issues
- Market infrastructures : harmonisation of market practices and integration of systems
- Alliances, new markets and new products from central counterparties : risks and challenges
- The evolution of central securities depositaries in Europe : stable functions in a changing environment
- Post-trading infrastructures : considering the risks to financial stability
- Equity markets and financial stability : regulatory issues
- Self-regulation and operational controls : reflections on the oversight of exchange-traded derivatives
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "The Future of Financial Exchanges"
|Éditeur(s)||Association d'économie financière (AEF)|
|Auteur(s)||Collectif Association d'Economie Financière (AEF)|
|Collection||Revue d'économie financière|
|Nb. de pages||272|
|Format||16 x 24|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ d'un million de livres disponibles
- Tous les livres de la collection Revue d'économie financière de l'éditeur Association d'économie financière (AEF)
- Tous les livres de Collectif Association d'Economie Financière (AEF)