The How of Wow
A Guide to Giving a Speech That Will Positively Blow'EM Away
You only speak to them for a few minutes. Make sure it doesn't seem (yawn) longer.
Have you ever given a speech that people remembered ten years later? Is ten days more like it, or even ten minutes? Even if you're one of the blessed few who are cool, comfortable, and confident at the podium, that doesn't mean that what you're saying is registering in any meaningful way.
If you want your speeches to really resonate and shine brilliantly among the countless yawn-inducing presentations heard-and immediately forgotten-every day, The How of WOW gives you a treasure trove of proven ideas and techniques for:
- Getting attention, empathy, and respect from your audience
- Developing a bigger and better stage presence
- Turning 'good enough' into a more memorable and powerful experience for your audience
- Asking those who invited you the tough questions that are the root of thorough preparation
- Identifying and correcting common speech-killing mistakes-and avoiding them in the future
- Maximizing return on your effort by aftermarketing the speech to other audiences
The How of WOW also offers dozens of practical tips and illuminating examples to help you through every stage of the speech process, ensuring your message is heard-and, better yet, remembered long after the speech is over.
L'auteur - Tony Carlson
Tony Carlson has 30 years of experience as a communications executive, award-winning journalist, educator, and corporate writer. He is currently Editor of Corporate Communications for Bell Canada. He lives in Burlington, Ontario.
- Prologue: Rising Above the Crowd
- Why Should You Care?
- Take Off the Bushel Basket
- Tried ... But Not Necessarily True
- Understanding the Audience
- Performance Ready
- Before Saying Yes
- You're the Star
- Do I Really Need to Do This?
- Before You Write a Word
- Be Prepared
- Find the Hook
- Keep the Focus on You
- As You Write
- Getting Down to It
- Of Headlines, Humor, and Ahals
- Before You Say a Word
- Stand and Deliver
- After the Talking's Done
- Appendix A: The Speaker's Checklist
- Appendix B: Research Resources
- Appendix C: When Someone Else Will Write Your Speech
- Appendix D: How About the ROI?
|Nb. de pages||278|
|Format||15 x 22,5|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Nos clients ont également acheté
- Les meilleures ventes en Graphisme & Photo
- Les meilleures ventes en Informatique
- Les meilleures ventes en Construction
- Les meilleures ventes en Entreprise & Droit
- Les meilleures ventes en Sciences
- Les meilleures ventes en Littérature
- Les meilleures ventes en Arts & Loisirs
- Les meilleures ventes en Vie pratique