The Complete Language
What's Great About this Book?
- Written by Ivor Horton, author of bestselling Beginning
Visual C++5 (1861000081)
- Goes from first steps in programming and takes nothing
- Covers enough ground to write useful applications
- Loaded with examples and exercises
- Covers the standard C++ for any platform - PC, Unix etc
Who is this book for?
No knowledge of other programming languages is assumed.
Ivor teaches C++ as a first step in programming, taking a
complete novice to a competent programmer. The explanations
are therefore thorough and leave no gray areas. This also
makes the book useful for people with limited programming
experience in another language who want a thorough
grounding in C++.
This book is not specific to any compiler or computer, making it a valuable learning tool regardless of whether you are using an old 486 with DOS, or the latest Sun SparcStation. This is an easy-going tutorial, based on a proven formula of step-by-step examples and friendly explanations.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1: Basic Ideas
- Chapter 2: Basic Data Types and Calculations
- Chapter 3: More on Handling Basic Data Types
- Chapter 4: Choices and Decisions
- Chapter 5: Loops
- Chapter 6: Arrays and Strings
- Chapter 7: Pointers
- Chapter 8: Programming with Functions
- Chapter 9: More on Functions
- Chapter 10: Program Files and the Preprocessor
- Chapter 11: Creating your own Data Types
- Chapter 12: Classes
- Chapter 13: Class Operations
- Chapter 14: Operator Overloading
- Chapter 15: Inheritance
- Chapter 16: Virtual Functions and Polymorphism
- Chapter 17: Program Errors and Exception Handling
- Chapter 18: Class Templates
- Chapter 19: Input and Output Operations
- Chapter 20: Introducing the Standard Template
- Appendix A: ASCII Codes
- Appendix B: C++ Keywords
- Appendix C: Standard Library Header Files
- Appendix D: Operator Precedence and Associativity
- Appendix E: Database Project
L'auteur Ivor Horton
Ivor Horton started out as a mathematician, but shortly after graduating, he was lured into messing about with computers by a well-known manufacturer. He has spent many happy years programming occasionally useful applications in a variety of languages as well as teaching mainly scientists and engineers to do likewise. He has extensive experience in applying computers to problems in engineering design and to manufacturing operations in a wide range of industries. He is the author of a number of tutorial books on programming in C, C++, and Java. When not writing programming books or providing advice to others, he leads a life of leisure.
Autres livres de Ivor Horton
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Beginning C++"
|Nb. de pages||952|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ d'un million de livres disponibles