Beginning GTK+ / GNOME Programming
Programming in GTK+ and GNOME is made even easier by the availability of the powerful integrated development environment gIDE and project builder Glade. The visual appeal of the user interface that GTK+ /GNOME can create is limited only by the developer's imagination.
You'll learn all this and more from this book.
Who is this book for?
If you would like to contribute to the next big leap for Linux – the move into the desktop market, then this book is for you. It's useful for both the beginner who would like to learn about the infinite possibilities offered by the open source user interface programming, and the experienced programmer who would like to develop Linux applications with user-friendly graphical interfaces.
Have you installed Linux? Do you know simple C programming?
That is all you need to start reading this book and
developing very sophisticated and attractive graphical
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: Welcome to GTK+/GNOME
- Chapter 2: GLib
- Chapter 3: Introducing GTK+
- Chapter 4: Controlling the User Interface Layout
- Chapter 5: Widget Wonders
- Chapter 6: List and Bulk Data Widgets
- Chapter 7: Dialogs
- Chapter 8: Menus
- Chapter 9: Advanced Widgets
- Chapter 10: Graphics, Colors and Fonts
- Chapter 11: Introducing GNOME
- Chapter 12: GNOME Dialogs
- Chapter 13: GNOME Widgets
- Chapter 14: Further GNOME
- Chapter 15: The GNOME Canvas
- Chapter 16: The GNOME Integrated Development
- Chapter 17: Glade
- Chapter 18: Application: Image Viewer
- Chapter 19: Application: Balls and Springs
- Appendix A: Signal Callbacks
- Appendix B: Events
- Appendix C: GNOME User Interface API Reference
- Appendix D: ImageViewer
- Appendix E: Balls and Spring
L'auteur Peter Wright
is an independent software consultant, and author.
He first cut his teeth GUI programming in the 1980s writing game software for the venerable Amiga, before moving up to more "serious" work with Windows, UNIX and Linux. Today he has lead development teams all over the world, working for a number of key players in the software and financial markets. He specializes in Rapid Application Development techniques using C, C++, Pascal, Java and Visual Basic.
As an author, Peter has written more than 10 international
bestsellers on programming, and over 300 technical
articles, covering everything from video games to
distributed n-tier client server applications. Some of his
books have even been translated in French, Korean and
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Beginning GTK+ / GNOME Programming"
|Nb. de pages||634|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ d'un million de livres disponibles