Regular expressions help users and developers to find and manipulate text more effectively and efficiently. In addition, regular expressions are supported by many scripting languages, programming-languages, and databases. This example-rich tutorial helps debunk the traditional reputation of regular expressions as being cryptic. It explains the various parts of a regular expression pattern, what those parts mean, how to use them, and common pitfalls to avoid when writing regular expressions.
With chapters on using regular expressions with popular Windows platform software including databases, cross platform scripting languages, and programming languages, you'll learn to make effective use of the power provided by regular expressions once you fully comprehend their strengths and potential.
What you will learn from this book
- Fundamental concepts of regular expressions and how to write them
- How to break down a text manipulation problem into component parts so you can then logically construct a regular expression pattern
- How to use regular expressions in several scripting and programming languages and software packages
- The variations that exist among regular expression dialects
- Reusable, real-world working code that can be used to solve everyday regular expression problems
Who this book is for
This book is for developers who need to manipulate text but are new to regular expressions. Some basic programming or scripting experience is useful but not required.
Wrox Beginning guides are crafted to make learning programming languages and technologies easier than you think, providing a structured, tutorial format that will guide you through all the techniques involved.
L'auteur Andrew H. Watt
Andrew Watt is an independent consultant and experienced author with an interest and expertise in XML and Web technologies. He has written and coauthored more than 10 books on Web development and XML, including XPath Essentials and XML Schema Essentials. He has been programming since 1984, moving to Web development technologies in 1994. He's a well-known voice in several influential online technical communities and is a frequent contributor to many Web development specifications.
- Introduction to Regular Expressions
- Regular Expression Tools and an Approach to Using Them
- Simple Regular Expressions
- Metacharacters and Modifiers
- Character Classes
- String, Line, and Word Boundaries
- Parentheses in Regular Expressions
- Lookahead and Lookbehind
- Sensitivity and Specificity of Regular Expressions
- Documenting and Debugging Regular Expressions
- Regular Expressions in Microsoft Word
- Regular Expressions in StarOffice/OpenOffice.org Writer
- Regular Expressions Using findstr
- Wildcards in Microsoft Excel
- Regular Expression Functionality in SQL Server 2000
- Using Regular Expressions with MySQL
- Regular Expressions and Microsoft Access
- Regular Expressions and VBScript
- Visual Basic .NET and Regular Expressions
- C# and Regular Expressions
- PHP and Regular Expressions
- Regular Expressions in W3C XML Schema
- Regular Expressions in Java
- Regular Expressions in Perl
- Appendix A: Exercise Answers
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Beginning Regular Expressions"
|Auteur(s)||Andrew H. Watt|
|Nb. de pages||742|
|Format||19 x 23,5|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ d'un million de livres disponibles