Beginning WAP provides a complete tutorial in the creation of WAP applications using the two languages defined for the purpose: WML, the Wireless Markup Language, and its companion WMLScript. Assuming no prior programming experience, we'll take you to the point where you're able to write a dynamic application that uses technologies such as ASP, XML, and XSLT to deliver the best possible user experience. The teaching style is step-by-step, with examples and explanations at every stage.
- Chapter 1: An Introduction to Wireless Technologies
- Chapter 2: Markup Languages
- Chapter 3: An Introduction to XML
- Chapter 4: Fundamentals of WML
- Chapter 5: Writing and Formatting Text
- Chapter 6: Navigating Between Cards and Decks
- Chapter 7: Displaying Images
- Chapter 8: Tables
- Chapter 9: Using Variables
- Chapter 10: Acquiring User Input
- Chapter 11: An Introduction to WMLScript
- Chapter 12: WMLScript Control Structures
- Chapter 13: WMLScript Techniques
- Chapter 14: Events
- Chapter 15: Phone.com Extensions
- Chapter 16: Usability
- Chapter 17: Interoperability
- Chapter 18: ASP and Dynamic WAP Sites
- Chapter 19: XML and XSLT
- Chapter 20: Dynamic WML Generation with ASP and XSLT
- Appendix A: Developing WAP Applications using Emulators
- Appendix B: WML Elements
- Appendix C: WMLScript Reference
- Appendix D: Standard WMLScript Library Functions
- Appendix E: Support, Errata.
L'auteur Soo Mee Foo
Soo Mee Foo is currently lecturing at Ngee Ann Polytechnic, Singapore. She lectures in web application development, networking, and security. She also conducts workshops on web and WAP application development for IT professionals.
L'auteur Wei Meng Lee
Wei Meng Lee graduated from the National University of Singapore in 1996 with a degree in Computer Science. His interest is in web technologies, and he conducts training for XML and web developers. Wei Meng has recently caught the WAP fever and is intrigued by the ability to surf the Internet using a telephone.
L'auteur Karli Watson
Karli Watson is the technical director of 3form (3form.net) as well as a freelance IT specialist, author, developer, and consultant. For the most part he indulges in .NET and related technologies, and has written numerous books about them. He has extensive knowledge of programming database-driven Web sites and has authored on the titles Beginning ASP.NET E-Commerce, Professional C#, Second Edition, and Professional ASP.NET 1.0.
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Beginning WAP, WML, & WMLScript"
|Auteur(s)||Soo Mee Foo, Wei Meng Lee, Karli Watson|
|Nb. de pages||664|
|Format||18,5 x 23,6|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ d'un million de livres disponibles