Inside Active Directory: A System Administrator's Guide begins with an overview and covers Active Directory's core features before moving on to document more advanced, specialized skills. This book provides a solid understanding of Active Directory fundamentals, demonstrating how it is used to store and access data, and how it uses industry standards, such as LDAP and other directory protocols. Numerous diagrams and tables appear throughout the book to help readers better comprehend the sometimes-complex technologies involved in migrating to Windows 2000 from Windows NT or other platforms.
This practical guide documents Active Directory extensively, with detailed coverage of the following:
- The big picture - background, building blocks, hierarchies, DNS integration, security, architecture, and other features.
- How to efficiently install Active Directory, and how to automate and troubleshoot the process.
- Planning and management of OUs, users, and groups.
- Security features, including permission architecture and management, as well as permission usage scenarios.
- Sites and replication - concepts, planning, management, topologies, processes, and diagnostics.
- How to plan and manage domains and forests, and how to perform varisearches.
- Group Policy features, including architecture, planning, management, and diagnostics.
- A detailed drill-down to the schema, and practical strategies and examples for extending it.
- Administration scripts - from concepts and basic techniques to advanced script management of Active Directory, including more than fifty sample scripts.
Anyone working with Active Directory will find this book indispensable. Readers new to Windows network administration will gain a solid grasp of the fundamentals. Administrators experienced in NT, UNIX, Netware, and other systems will learn how to adapt their skills to Active Directory. Experienced Windows 2000 professionals will pick up advanced techniques, and developers will benefit from the architectural explanations.
Inside Active Directory is the most practical and comprehensive resource available for planning, implementing, and managing an Active Directory network.Contents
- About the Authors
- Ch. 1 Active Directory: The Big Picture 3
- Ch. 2 Installation of Windows 2000 and Active Directory 67
- Ch. 3 Managing OUs, Users, and Groups 121
- Ch. 4 Securing Active Directory 203
- Ch. 5 Sites and Replication 307
- Ch. 6 Domains and Forests 419
- Ch. 7 Group Policy 503
- Ch. 8 Active Directory Schema 581
- Ch. 9 Extending the Schema 641
- Ch. 10 Administration Scripts: Concepts 697
- Ch. 11 Administration Scripts: Examples 760
- Bibliography 905
- Index 907
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Inside Active Directory"
|Auteur(s)||Sakari Kouti, Mika Seitsonen|
|Nb. de pages||928|
|Format||18,8 x 23,4|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ d'un million de livres disponibles