Introduction to Systems Engineering
Systems engineering (SE), or the engineering of large-scale systems, is key to achieving reliable, efficient, cost-effective products and services in diverse fields, including communication and network systems, software engineering, information systems, manufacturing, command and control, and defense systems acquisition and procurement. This book offers a unique introduction to the world of systems engineering, focusing on analysis and problem-solving techniques that can be applied throughout the life cycle of product systems and service systems. While the authors provide a framework for the functional levels involved in systems engineering processes and system management, the bulk of the discussion is devoted to the practical application of formulation, analysis, and interpretation methods.
Through the use of real-world examples and useful graphs, readers will learn to :
- Choose the most appropriate methods and tools for a given project
- Apply issue formulation methods to assure that the right problem has been identified
- Work with formal analysis methods to assure that the problem is solved correctly
- Apply issue interpretation methods to insure that decisions reflect human values and technological realities, and thereby make interpretation work for them in the decision-making process
- Develop an appreciation for the engineering and troubleshooting of large systems.
L'auteur - James C. Armstrong Jr
James C. Armstrong, Jr.
, is a 20-year Unix veteran; his first exposure to Unix
was back in the mid-70s when his father showed him the
system he used at Bell Labs. At Duke University, James
sought out opportunities to learn Unix as an undergraduate,
as he felt it was the future of computing.
James graduated from Duke in 1982, and attended the University of St. Andrews for two more years of graduate work before deciding to return to industry. He's worked at Bell Labs, Tandem, and Netscape, as well as being involved with several start-ups. He's currently at AOL after its acquisition of Netscape.
|Auteur(s)||James C. Armstrong Jr|
|Nb. de pages||546|
|Format||16 x 24|
- Les meilleures ventes en Graphisme & Photo
- Les meilleures ventes en Informatique
- Les meilleures ventes en Construction
- Les meilleures ventes en Entreprise
- Les meilleures ventes en Sciences
- Les meilleures ventes en Littérature
- Les meilleures ventes en Arts & Loisirs
- Les meilleures ventes en Vie pratique
- Les meilleures ventes en Droit