For all beginning programmers and developers experienced with traditional languages who want to master Java quickly. The Deitels cover all facets of the Java language, including object-orientation, multithreading, exception handling, the Java event programming model, GUI with Swing and AWT, graphics, and much more. You'll also find a set of core design patterns that are integrated throughout the text along with all new coverage of JDBC, SQL, n-tier, Web-application development with servlets and JSP, plus an introduction to XML processing with the Java XML library. The book also provides an optional, start-to-finish case study introducing Java object-oriented analysis and design with UML. It contains hundreds of tips, recommended practices and cautions (all marked with icons) for writing code that is portable, reusable and optimized for performance.
- The Deitels' best-selling introductory Java book has been fully revised and updated to Java 2 Standard Edition (J2SE) 1.4. Like every How to Program book, "Java How to Program, Fifth Edition" features the Deitels' signature "LIVE-CODE" approach to teaching programming languages with thousands of lines of live code, explained with exceptional clarity by the renowned programming trainers at Deitel and Associates.
- Completely updated for JDK 1.4 and enterprise Java development - servlets, RMI, even a complete OOD/UML case study!
- Learn from thousands of lines of code in hundreds of complete working programs!
- Contains hundreds of real-world tips identifying good programming practices, common errors, performance optimization techniques, and debugging/reliability solutions.
- 1. Introduction to Computers, the Internet and the Web.
- 2. Introduction to Java Applications.
- 3. Introduction to Java Applets.
- 4. Control Structures: Part 1.
- 5. Control Statements: Part 2.
- 6. Methods.
- 7. Arrays.
- 8. Object-Based Programming.
- 9. Object-Oriented Programming: Inheritance.
- 10. Object-Oriented Programming: Polymorphism.
- 11. Strings and Characters.
- 12. Graphics and Java2D.
- 13. Graphical User Interface Components: Part 1.
- 14. Graphical User Interface Components: Part 2.
- 15. Exception Handling.
- 16. Multithreading.
- 17. Files and Streams.
- 18. Networking.
- 19. Multimedia: Images, Animation, and Audio.
- 20. Data Structures.
- 21. Java Utilities Package and Bit Manipulation.
- 22. Collections.
- 23. Java Database Connectivity with JDBC™.
- 24. Servlets.
- 25. JavaServer Pages (JSP).
- A. Operator Precedence Chart.
- B. ASCII Character Set.
- C. Number Systems.
- D. Elevator Events and Listener Interfaces.
- E. Elevator Model.
- F. Elevator View.
L'auteur Harvey M. Deitel
Dr. Harvey M. Deitel, CEO of Deitel & Associates, Inc., has 40 years in the computing field including extensive industry and academic experience. He is one of the world's leading computer science instructors and seminar presenters. Dr. Deitel earned B.S. and M.S. degrees from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a Ph.D. from Boston University. He has 20 years of college teaching experience including earning tenure and serving as the Chairman of the Computer Science Department at Boston College before founding Deitel & Associates, Inc. with his son Paul J. Deitel. He is author or co-author of several dozen books and multimedia packages and is currently writing many more. With translations published in Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Elementary Chinese, Advanced Chinese, Korean, French, Polish and Portuguese, Dr. Deitel's texts have earned international recognition. Dr. Deitel has delivered professional seminars internationally to major corporations, government organizations and various branches of the military.
Autres livres de Harvey M. Deitel
L'auteur Paul J. Deitel
Paul J. Deitel, Executive Vice President of Deitel &
Associates, Inc., is a graduate of the Massachusetts
Institute of Technology's Sloan School of Management where
he studied Information Technology. Through Deitel &
Associates, Inc. he has delivered Internet and World Wide
Web courses and programming language classes for industry
clients including Compaq, Sun Microsystems, White Sands
Missile Range, Rogue Wave Software, Computervision, Straws,
Fidelity, Cambridge Technology Partners, Lucent
TecItnologies, Adra Systems, Entergy, CableData Systems,
NASA at the Kennedy Space Center, the National Severe Storm
Laboratory, IBM and many other organizations. He has
lectured on for the Boston Chapter of the Association for
Computing Machinery, and has taught satellite-based courses
through a cooperative venture of Deitel & Associates,
Inc., Prentice Hall and the Technology Education Network.
He and his father, Dr. Harvey M. Deitel, are the world's
best-selling Computer Science textbook authors.
Autres livres de Paul J. Deitel
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Java How to Program"
|Auteur(s)||Harvey M. Deitel, Paul J. Deitel|
|Nb. de pages||1450|
|Format||18 x 23|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ d'un million de livres disponibles