Mobile Messaging Technologies and Services
Building on the success of the first edition, Mobile Messaging Technologies and Services offers extensive new and revised material based upon the latest research and industry developments. While early implementations targeted person-to-person messaging, MMS has now evolved to facilitate such requirements as the mass delivery of time-sensitive messages for content-to-person messaging. This Second Edition exploits the technical maturity of MMS as it is poised to generate a wealth of new business opportunities across the mobile communications sector. The author provides the fundamental technical background required for SMS, EMS and MMS, and supports this with industry cutting-edge developments.
- Contains a revised section on the fundamentals of MMS, including an updated section on GPRS to explain current commercial implementations such as GRX applications
- Presents the latest developments in MMS standardization, including the design of synchronized multimedia integration language (SMIL) presentations, Digital Rights Management (DRM), transcoding techniques, postcard service and support of advanced multimedia formats
- Describes the processes for standardizing telecommunications services and technologies (3GPP, OMA, GSM Association, IETF and W3C)
- Provides updated sections on SMS, EMS and heavily revised coverage of the developments in MMS, including MMS interworking and the forthcoming MMS version 1.3.
This resource will be invaluable for application developers, manufacturers, operators and content providers involved in the design and deployment of messaging services. It will also be of interest to practitioners involved in the process of standardizing telecommunications services and technologies. Postgraduate students and researchers will benefit from having access to state-of-the-art findings backed by numerous illustrative real-world examples.
Includes a companion website featuring information on relevant standards, available phones and developers’ resources
- Basic concepts
- Short Message Service
- Enhanced Messaging Service
- Multimedia Messaging Service: Service and Architecture
- Multimedia Messaging Service, transactions flows
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Mobile Messaging Technologies and Services"
|Auteur(s)||Gwenael Le Bodic|
|Nb. de pages||452|
|Format||17 x 25|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine (1)
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ de 700 000 livres disponibles