MySQL Database Design and Tuning
"With millions of installations, MySQL is the world's most popular open-source database platform. Its flexible, highly configurable architecture offers customers a database management system unmatched in speed, compactness, stability, and ease of deployment. MySQL is a key infrastructure component for many of today's highest quality, most robust, and fastest database-driven solutions."
"Still, many IT professionals do not have the time to discover and master all of the potential performance enhancement capabilities offered by the MySQL product family. MySQL Database Design and Tuning is aimed at those database designers and application developers who want to build, deploy, and manage the fastest possible solutions based on MySQL."
MySQL Database Design and Tuning adds value through the entire project lifecycle, beginning by helping the reader create an optimal database design, the foundation for any well-running MySQL solution. Next, it provides valuable insight into building the most efficient MySQL-based applications. Finally, once the solution has been constructed and deployed, the book provides guidance for managing and tuning the MySQL database engine for optimal results, including leveraging the power of replication and clustering for even better performance.
L'auteur Robert D. Schneider
Robert D. Schneider has more than 15 years of experience developing and delivering sophisticated software solutions worldwide. He has provided database optimization, distributed computing, and other technical expertise to a wide variety of enterprises in the financial, technology, and government sectors. Clients have included Chase Manhattan Bank, VISA, HP, SWIFT, and the governments of the United States, Brazil, and Malaysia. He is the author of Optimizing Informix Applications, Microsoft SQL Server: Planning and Building a High Performance Database, and MySQL Database Design and Tuning. He has also written numerous articles on technical and professional services topics. He can be reached at Robert.Schneider@Think88.com.
- Setting up an optimization environment
- Performance monitoring options
- MySQL overview and new performance-related features
- Advanced database design concepts
- Designing for speed
- Using constraints to improve performance
- Understanding the MySQL optimizer
- Indexing strategies
- Optimizing application code
- Advanced SQL tips
- Developing high-speed applications
- Optimizing and tuning the MySQL engine
- General server performance parameters and tuning
- MyISAM performance enhancement
- InnoDB performance enhancement
- Improving disk speed
- Operating system, Web server, and connectivity tuning
- Improving import and export operations
- Distributed computing
- Optimal replication
- Optimal clustering
- Case studies
- Case study : High-Hat delivers!
- Case study : friends fly free-for-all - a promotion gone wrong
- Case study 3 : practice makes perfect
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "MySQL Database Design and Tuning"
|Auteur(s)||Robert D. Schneider|
|Nb. de pages||432|
|Format||18 x 23|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine (1)
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ de 700 000 livres disponibles