The fast, easy way to leverage IDS 9.x's full object-relational power!
- Supercharge your next IDS-9.x application!
- "Bladelets": easy DataBlade building blocks for powerful object-relational solutions
- Covers Vtables, temporal data management, hierarchical problems, text manipulation, BLOBs, and much more
- CD-ROM: Open source bladelet code for solving a wide range of business problems
Object-relational databases offer immense power — but many database professionals have failed to use it, because doing so required them to write their own DataBlade extensions. This book presents a breakthrough solution: bladelets. Created by a team of Informix' leading DataBlade experts, bladelets serve as building blocks, bringing Informix Dynamic Server 9.x ORDBMS power to bear on a wide range of business problems, while requiring far less original programming.
All ten bladelets are covered in detail, with open source code provided on CD-ROM. Whether you use them "as is," or as the model for your own DataBlades, they can dramatically improve the performance, value, and time-to-market of your very next database application. Coverage includes:
- Solving hierarchical problems
- Extending SQL to support temporal data management
- Accessing external files through SQL
- Using SQL as a data type
- Overcoming database portability problems
- Manipulating text with regular expressions
- Removing LVARCHAR size limits
- Using BLOBs more effectively
- Managing multiple versions of your data with virtual tables, and much more
The accompanying CD-ROM contains all of the book's code examples — plus a toolbox of open-source DataBlades, complete with source code, designed to quickly solve a wide range of business problems.Contents
1. Taking Advantage of Database
2. Solving Hierarchical Problems with the Node Component.
3. Time Is on Our Side: Temporal Extensions to SQ.
4. Accessing External Files through SQL.
5. SQL as a Data Type.
6. Managing a World ofShapes.
7. Whose SQL Is It?
8. Manipulating Text with Regular Expressions.
9. Removing the LVARCHAR Size Limit.
10. Images Are Data, Too.
11. Multiple Versions of Your Data.
Appendix A: Node Bladelet Functions Reference.
Appendix B: Period Bladelet Functions Reference.
Appendix C: Flat-File Interface Functions Reference.
Appendix D: Exec SQL Bladelet Functions Reference.
Appendix E: Shapes Bladelet Functions Reference.
Appendix F: SqlLib Bladelet Functions Reference.
Appendix G: IUtil Functions Reference.
Appendix H: Regexp Bladelet Functions Reference.
Appendix I: mrLvarchar Bladelet Functions Reference.
Appendix J: JPGImage Bladelet Functions Reference.
Appendix K: VTable Functions Reference.
Appendix L: Building and Deploying DataBlade Executable Objects.
L'auteur Jacques Roy
JACQUES ROY, one of Informix' leading evangelists on database extensibility, is author of Informix Dynamic Server.2000: Server-Side Programming in C (Prentice Hall PTR).
Autres livres de Jacques Roy
L'auteur William W. White
WILLIAM W. WHITE, senior engineer at Informix, works
with DataBlade Partners and internal engineers on projects
related to database extensibility, and is a frequent
contributor to the Informix Developers Network (IDN).
L'auteur Jean T. Anderson
JEAN ANDERSON is a Senior Engineer in Informix Datablade Partner Engineering specializing in helping developers implement server extensions. She has authored many technical notes and projects at IDN's DataBlade Corner.
L'auteur Paul G. Brown
PAUL G. BROWN of Informix Labs is a prominent object-relational evangelist and author of Object-Relational Database Development, a Plumber's Guide (Prentice Hall PTR).
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Open-Source Components for Informix Dynamic Server 9.X"
|Auteur(s)||Jacques Roy, William W. White, Jean T. Anderson, Paul G. Brown|
|Nb. de pages||474|
|Format||17,6 x 23,5|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ d'un million de livres disponibles