Peer to Peer
Collaboration and Sharing over the Internet
Moving beyond its grassroot and controversial beginnings, peer to peer (p2p) is now entering the mainstream of Internet communications and business as managers and technology professionals look to tap into the vitality of this widespread communication model. But without a common protocol, tool suite, or single networking structure to facilitate development, harnessing peer-to-peer technology is not a simple task. Peer to Peer: Collaboration and Sharing over the Internet provides the first comprehensive resource to help business and communications professionals get started.
This complete handbook presents everything industry professionals and interested users need to know. Readers will find a clear overview of peer-to-peer concepts, architectural models, and network applications; a practical guide to installation and deployment; information on specific protocols and tools; and discussions on legal and security issues.Specific topics include:
- The history of peer-to-peer network communications
- An overview of atomistic, user-centric, data-centric, and leveraged p2p models
- Security issues, including firewalls, tunnels, redundancy, and persistence
- Legal issues, such as file sharing and intellectual property rights
- Trade-offs inherent in various messaging technologies, including ICQ, AIM, and Jabber
- File-sharing solutions, including Napster, Gnutella, and Madster
- Distributed storage and content distribution p2p solutions, such as MojoNation and Swarmcast
- p2p technologies for secure or anonymous publishing of content
- New collaborative infrastructure solutions, such as Groove and JXTA
- Discussions of legal and monetary issues in the content control wars
The book also includes several case studies that feature enterprise p2p solutions, trust and security issues in peer-to-peer journalism, and integrating peer solutions into the new Web.
Practical, insightful, and thoroughly entertaining, Peer to Peer: Collaboration and Sharing over the Internet brings to light the current and future capabilities of p2p technology and its likely role in the next generation of the Internet.
- I. PEER TO PEER OVERVIEW.
- 1. Introduction to Peer to Peer.
- 2. Peer Architectures.
- 3. Internet-Based Peer Network Application.
- 4. Security, Vulnerability, and the Legal Issues of P2P.
- II. PEER TO PEER SOLUTIONS.
- 5. Deploying P2P Solutions.
- 6. Instant Messaging.
- 7. Sharing Content.
- 8. Distributed Content.
- 9. Persistent and Anonymous Solutions.
- 10. Collaborative P2P Spaces.
- III. VOICES AND VISIONS.
- 11. Peering Insights.
- 12. P2P Case Studies.
- 13. In a Screen Darkly.
- IV. APPENDIXES.
- Appendix A. Technical Terms and References.
- Appendix B. P2P Resources.
- Appendix C. Lists.
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Peer to Peer"
|Nb. de pages||428|
|Format||19 x 23,5|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ d'un million de livres disponibles