Search is among the most disruptive innovations of our time. It influences what we buy and where we go. It shapes how we learn and what we believe. In this provocative and inspiring book, you'll explore design patterns that apply across the categories of web, ecommerce, enterprise, desktop, mobile, social, and real-time search and discovery. Filled with colorful illustrations and examples, Search Patterns brings modern information retrieval to life, covering such diverse topics as relevance, faceted navigation, multi-touch, personalization, visualization, multi-sensory search, and augmented reality.
By drawing on their own experience-as well as best practices and evidence-based research-the authors not only offer a practical guide to help you build effective search applications, they also challenge you to imagine the future of discovery. You'll find Search Patterns intriguing and invaluable, whether you're a web practitioner, mobile designer, search entrepreneur, or just interested in the topic.
- Discover a pattern language for search that embraces user psychology and behavior, information architecture, interaction design, and emerging technology
- Boost enterprise efficiency and e-commerce sales
- Enable mobile users to achieve goals, complete tasks, and find what they need
- Drive design innovation for search interfaces and applications
L'auteur Peter Morville
Peter Morville is president of Semantic Studios, an information architecture, user experience, and findability consultancy. For over a decade, he has advised such clients as AT&T, IBM, Microsoft, Harvard Business School, Internet2, Procter & Gamble, Vanguard, and Yahoo. Peter is best known as a founding father of information architecture, having co-authored the field's best-selling book, Information Architecture for the World Wide Web. Peter serves on the faculty at the University of Michigan's School of Information and on the advisory board of the Information Architecture Institute. He delivers keynotes and seminars at international events, and his work has been featured in major publications including Business Week, The Economist, Fortune, and The Wall Street Journal. You can contact Peter Morville by email (email@example.com). You can also find him offline at 42.2 N 83.4 W or online at semanticstudios.com and findability.org.
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Search Patterns"
|Auteur(s)||Peter Morville, Jeffery Callender|
|Nb. de pages||192|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ d'un million de livres disponibles
- Informatique Bases de données
- Informatique Bases de données Bases de données objet et objet relationnelles
- Informatique Bases de données Bases de données relationnelles
- Informatique Développement d'applications Technologies objet Programmation objet
- Informatique Développement d'applications Langages XML