The Admnistrator's Guide to SharePoint Portal Server 2001
The SharePoint Portal Server is a powerful end-to-end solution for document management, custom portal development, and aggregating content from multiple sources into a single location. The Administrator's Guide to SharePoint Portal Server 2001 is a comprehensive manual for the planning, design, deployment, and management of Microsoft's corporate information portal solution. Bill English, a Microsoft Most Valuable Professional, takes technical and nontechnical administrators under the hood, explaining everything from basic concepts to advanced customization techniques.
The book begins by outlining the challenges of knowledge and document management and showing how the SharePoint Portal Server can be used to address them. Chapters detail the server's architecture, including the index and Web-store tools, and examine Microsoft's Digital Dashboard and Web Parts, the core components of a powerful customized corporate portal. Readers walk through the entire server life cycle: the identification of user needs, capacity planning, installation, and configuration. Each task of SharePoint administration is systematically described and demonstrated. The Administrator's Guide to SharePoint Portal Server 2001 concludes with a rundown of third-party tools and resources for extending SharePoint.
Readers will gain an understanding of:
- SharePoint Portal Server architecture
- Digital Dashboard and Web Part technology
- Planning and installation
- Working with documents and document folders
- Folder and user management
- Roles and profiles
- Approving, publishing, and categorizing documents
- Importing and accessing information
- Advanced management techniques
- Backup and recovery
- SharePoint Portal Server in the enterprise
- Available utilities
Any IT professional evaluating, planning for, installing, or managing Microsoft's SharePoint Portal Server 2001 will find this thorough examination an invaluable guide.
- PART I. INTRODUCTION AND ARCHITECTURE
- 1. SPS Overview.
- 2. SPS Concepts and Architecture.
- 3. Understanding the Digital Dashboard.
- PART II. PLANNING AND INSTALLATION.
- 4. Planning for SPS.
- 5. Installing SPS.
- 6. Working with Documents and Document Folders.
- 7. Managing the Workspace and Search Settings.
- 8. Approving, Publishing and Categorizing Documents.
- 9. Importing and Accessing Information.
- PART III. ADVANCED ADMINISTRATION.
- 10. Advanced Management of SPS.
- 11. Backup and Recovery of SPS.
- 12. Monitoring and Service Administration of SPS.
- 13. Securing SPS Content.
- 14. Troubleshooting SPS.
- 15. SPS in the Enterprise.
- 16. SPS Utilities.
L'auteur - Bill English
Bill English is an author, a trainer, and a consultant specializing in SharePoint and Microsoft Exchange technologies. Bill is a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT), and a Certified Technical Trainer. Bill's hands-on experience ranges from working with LANs as small as 13 nodes to LANs with more than 10,000 users. He served as a Microsoft Windows NT system administrator in a large multinational company and acted as the lead consultant to Minnesota's major airline in their migration from Novell to Windows NT. Bill currently divides his time between work as a part-time system administrator, an Exchange trainer, and a freelance writer. Bill holds a bachelor's degree and two master's degrees; he resides in the Twin Cities with his wife and two children.
|Nb. de pages||440|
|Format||19 x 23,5|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
- Les meilleures ventes en Graphisme & Photo
- Les meilleures ventes en Informatique
- Les meilleures ventes en Construction
- Les meilleures ventes en Entreprise & Droit
- Les meilleures ventes en Sciences
- Les meilleures ventes en Littérature
- Les meilleures ventes en Arts & Loisirs
- Les meilleures ventes en Vie pratique