This unique reference thoroughly documents every important setting and feature in Microsoft's new operating system, with alphabetical listings for hundreds of commands, windows, menus, listboxes, buttons, scrollbars and other elements of Windows Vista. With this book's simple organization, you'll easily find any setting, tool, or feature for the task you want to accomplish.
Along with a system overview that highlights major changes, and a tour of the basics such as manipulating files and getting around the interface, Windows Vista in a Nutshell offers alphabetized references for these topics:
- The User Interface: Covers the Sidebar, Aero Glass, the new Control Panel layout, and applets, as well as how to customize animated windows, the desktop, Start menu, pop-up windows on the Taskbar, and more.
- The File System, Drives, Data, and Search: Discusses working with the new Windows Explorer, Virtual Folders, searches, indexing, saved searches, metadata, and sharing.
- The Internet and Networking: Examines TCP/IP, RSS, tabbed browsing, and anti-phishing features of Internet Explorer, plus cookie handling, parental control features, and more.
- Networking and Wireless: Offers an illustrated, step-by-step guide to setting up a home network; covers the Network Center, Sync Center, Hot Spot access, wireless management, collaboration, and sharing.
- Working with Hardware: Describes how to set up, maintain, and troubleshoot hardware--including keyboards, mice, monitors, USB devices, scanners, cameras, and sound devices--and how to add, install, and troubleshoot drivers.
- Security: Includes the Security Center, Windows Defender, User Account Protection, System Protection, Network Access Protection, WiFi encryption, Windows Firewall, file encryption, and more.
- Mobility: Explains Mobility Center settings, plugging a secondary monitor into your computer, and the new "network projection" feature for making presentations.
- Multimedia: Covers Windows Photo Gallery, Media Player, Media Center, podcasting features, connecting to and synching with MP3 players, recording TV and videos, making videos with Windows Movie Maker, and burning CDs and DVDs.
- The Command Prompt: Provides commands for working with files, utilities for troubleshooting the network, and instructions on how to create your own batch files.
Appendixes include information on installation, keyboard shortcuts, common filename extensions, and more. Windows Vista in a Nutshell is your one-stop source for everything you need from Microsoft's latest operating system.
L'auteur Preston Gralla
Preston Gralla est l'auteur de plus de vingt livres sur l'Internet et l'informatique. Passionné du sujet, il a exercé sa plume dès les premiers PC, il a également été rédacteur de PC Computing et a écrit pour CNET/ZDNet, PC Magazine, Computerworld et le Los Angeles Times.
Preston Gralla is the editor of WindowsDevCenter.com and OnDotNet. He is the author of more than 30 books, including Internet Annoyances, PC Pest Control, and Windows XP Hacks, Second Edition, and co-author of Windows XP Cookbook. As an award-winning author and technology expert, Preston has written articles for major national newspapers and magazines and has also appeared on several TV and radio programs.
Autres livres de Preston Gralla
- The Big Picture
- The Lay of the Land
- Using Windows Vista
- Shutting Down
- Nutshell Reference
- The User Interface
- Controlling the Interface
- Working with the Filesystem, Drives, Data, and Search
- Internet Explorer
- Windows Mail
- Networking, Wireless, and Mobility
- Working with Hardware
- Managing Programs, Users, and Your Computer
- Performance and Troubleshooting
- Graphics and Multimedia
- The Registry
- A. Installing Windows Vista
- B. Keyboard Shortcuts
- C. Keyboard Equivalents for Symbols and International Characters
- D. Common Filename Extensions
- E. Services
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Windows Vista in a Nutshell"
|Collection||In a Nutshell|
|Nb. de pages||750|
|Format||15,5 x 23|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine (1)
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ de 700 000 livres disponibles