Digital Certificates: Applied Internet Security is a detailed and practical guide to understanding and working with this important technology. It presents an overview of digital certificates and their role in Internet security, a detailed description of the technology’s inner workings, and a look at the business infrastructure that is essential to its effective utilization. Practical throughout, this book features numerous examples from actual Internet applications to illustrate concepts and demonstrate how the technology works under real-world conditions.
In this comprehensive book you will find:
- Essential background information on Internet security and cryptography fundamentals
- Detailed information about digital certificates, the X.509 standard, and Public Key Infrastructures
- A discussion of the certificate-related security features of Netscape and Microsoft Web browsers, Netscape Messenger, Microsoft Outlook Express, and S/MIME, ASN.1, PKCS, SET, and SSL standards
- Information on trusted third parties, accountability and reliability, and certification practice statements
- Coverage of certificate authority service providers, local registration authorities, and security management solutions, based on VeriSign personal and server certificates, VeriSign OnSite enterprise solutions, and Microsoft Certificate Server 1.0
The accompanying CD-ROM contains sample programming projects written in Visual C++, ATL, Visual Basic, Java, and ASP. Using the Microsoft Certificate Server, these examples examine the basic building blocks of certificate issuing systems.
L'auteur Jalil Feghhi
Jalil Feghhi is the director of technology at
ListenPoint, Inc. He is a co-author of Digital
Certificates: Applied Internet Security (Addison-Wesley)
and a contributing author to Web Developer's Guide to Java
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Digital certificates"
|Auteur(s)||Jahal Feghhi, Peter Williams, Jalil Feghhi|
|Nb. de pages||400|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ d'un million de livres disponibles