"Differently to many other enthusiasts, John Goldberger does not simply collect period watches for the speculative pleasure - something that was certainly not uncommon in the years when he began frequenting the "watch world" - but rather due to his wish to gather together exceptional pieces, wether they be enhanced by a renowned signature, by the item's individual history, by its unusual style, or perhaps by outstanding technical features. This passion in fact drives him to patiently seek out excellently preserved examples - ones not even to be found in the Omega museum - most of which belong to John Goldberger's private collection. Mr. Goldberger's hand is not only responsible for the technical descriptions in the book, but also for the images: photography is in fact another of his great passions and has seen him as the editor and photographer behind a stimulating book of travel images..."
Estabilished in 1848 in La-Chaux-de-Fonds by Louis Brandt and later moved to Bienne (its current premises) in 1880, Omega became the company it is today only at the beginning of the last century. Indeed, prior to this the Louis Brandt products were known through the various make names that over the years were displayed on the watch faces - Jura, Patria, Helvetia and Labrador werev among these...
|Nb. de pages||256|
|Format||21 x 30|
- Les meilleures ventes en Graphisme & Photo
- Les meilleures ventes en Informatique
- Les meilleures ventes en Construction
- Les meilleures ventes en Entreprise & Droit
- Les meilleures ventes en Sciences
- Les meilleures ventes en Littérature
- Les meilleures ventes en Arts & Loisirs
- Les meilleures ventes en Vie pratique
- Les meilleures ventes en Voyage et Tourisme
- Les meilleures ventes en BD et Jeunesse