Einstein, Bohr and the Quantum Dilemma
From Quantum Theory to Quantum Information
Quantum theory, the most successful physical theory of all time, provoked intense debate between the twentieth century's two greatest physicists, Niels Bohr and Albert Einstein. Quantum information theory has emerged from intensive study of the structure and interpretation of quantum theory to become one of the fastest growing areas of twenty-first century science.
This second edition has been extensively revised and updated to cover recent developments, including the findings of papers published since the well-received first edition. A substantial new chapter is devoted to the development and structure of quantum information theory. Developments in the experimental and theoretical study of Bell's Theorem are also covered in detail, and the accounts of ongoing work have been brought up to date.
A fascinating account of the development of quantum theory, this book will appeal to anyone with an interest in the fundamental questions of physics, its philosophy and its history.
- Straightforward account of the work of Bohr, Einstein and Bell which elucidated the nature of quantum theory
- Updated to include a readable account of quantum information theory
- Contains very little mathematics
L'auteur Andrew Whitaker
Andrew Whitaker, CCSP, is the Director of Enteprise InfoSec and Networking for TechTrain, where he performs penetration tests and teaches ethical hacking and Cisco courses. He has been working in the IT industry for more than 10 years, specializing in Cisco and security technologies, and has performed penetration tests for numerous financial institutions and Fortune 500 companies.
- Bohr and Einstein: Einstein and Bohr
- The peace before the quantum
- A glance at relativity
- The slow rise of the quantum
- Bohr: what does it all mean?
- Einstein's negative views
- Bohm, Bell and experimental philosophy
- A round-up of recent developments
- Quantum information theory - an introduction
- Bohr or Einstein?
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Einstein, Bohr and the Quantum Dilemma"
|Éditeur(s)||Cambridge University Press|
|Nb. de pages||480|
|Format||17,5 x 24,5|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ d'un million de livres disponibles
- Sciences Physique Physique fondamentale Etats de la matière
- Sciences Physique Physique fondamentale Physique et mécanique quantique
- Sciences Physique Physique fondamentale Physique des particules
- Sciences Physique Physique fondamentale Physique nucléaire et atomique
- Sciences Etudes et concours Classes préparatoires et grandes écoles - Livres classes prépas scientifiques Physique