Embodying the dynamic nature of fiber-optic communications, this practical introduction takes a broad, up-to-date look at the industry, and fully prepares students for their future work in the field by providing a solid foundation in the basics with plenty of examples, graphical presentations, and solutions to problems that are similar to those found in the actual workplace. Enabling students to follow either a beginning or more advanced course of study for each chapter topic, it integrates many practical applications, presents the newest technological innovations in fibers, systems and networks, integrates pictures of commercially available devices and equipment throughout, and guides students step-by-step to a clear understanding of commercial data sheets they'll be working with professionally.
- State-of-the-art coverage?Considers a wide range of pertinent topics in an insightful and informative manner.
- Exposes students to and familiarizes them with the latest commercially available innovations in technology, systems, and network levels that they are likely to see in the professional world.
- Stimulating approach.
- Encourages students to develop their analytic, creative, and research skills. Ex.
- Real data sheets?Concludes each topic with a discussion of specific data sheets; also provides specifications sheets as sources of data for making various calculations in the examples given, as an aid in explaining the material, and for solving different problems integrated throughout the text and assigned at the end of each chapter.
- Helps students develop the ability to read data sheets and integrate concepts?a critical skill for practicing engineers.
- Two-level discussion?Divides the discussion of most topics into two parts: a ?Basics? section introduces the main ideas and principles involved in the devices covered, and ?A Deeper Look? section offers a more theoretical and detailed discussion of the same material.
- Allows instructors to tailor chapters to individual/group needs. Provides an easy-to-grasp, fundamental understanding of the topic for students with limited knowledge in fiber-optic technology; takes students to a higher level of learning by expanding upon the topic with a more insightful, in-depth study that will prepare them for further course work involving complex theories.
- Test, measurement, and troubleshooting?Includes descriptions of equipment and techniques for test, measurement, and troubleshooting; uses computer simulation to evaluate performance of components and all fiber-optic networks.
- Arms students with most effective tools used in the fiber-optic communications technology industry today.
(NOTE: Each chapter concludes with Summary, Problems, and References.)
- 1. Introduction to Telecommunications and Fiber Optics.
- 2. Physics of Light: A Brief Overview.
- 3. Optical Fibers?Basics.
- 4. Optical Fibers?A Deeper Look.
- 5. Singlemode Fibers?Basics.
- 6. Singlemode Fibers?A Deeper Look.
- 7. Fabrication, Cabling, and Installation.
- 8. Fiber-Cable Connectorization and Testing.
- 9. Light Sources and Transmitters?Basics.
- 10. Light Sources and Transmitters?A Deeper Look.
- 11. Receivers.
- 12. Components of Fiber-Optic Networks.
- 13. Passive Components, Switches, and Functional Modules of Fiber-Optic Networks.
- 14. An Introduction to Fiber-Optic Networks.
- 15. Conclusion.
- Appendix A: List of Constants, Powers of Ten, International System of Units, Decibel Units, and the Greek Alphabet.
- Appendix B: Acronyms, Abbreviations, Symbols, and Units Used in This Book.
- Appendix C: A Selected Bibliography.
- Appendix D: Products, Services, and Standards.
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Fiber-Optic Communications Technology"
|Auteur(s)||Djafar Mynbaev, Lowell Scheiner|
|Nb. de pages||750|
|Format||20 x 26|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ d'un million de livres disponibles