Heat Transfer - A Practical Approach
With complete coverage of the basic principles of heat transfer along with a broad range of applications in a flexible format, Heat Transfer: A Practical Approach, provides the perfect blend of fundamentals and applications. The text provides a highly intuitive and practical understanding of the material by emphasizing the physics and the underlying physical phenomena involved. Using a reader-friendly approach and a conversational writing style, the book is self-instructive and entertains while it teaches. It shows that highly technical matter can be communicated effectively in a simple yet precise language.
- Extensive Illustrations. More than 1,000 illustrations help students visualize concepts. The book has been redesigned to increase its visual appeal and to better highlight its key learning features.
- Numerous Worked Examples. With sketches, step-by- step procedures, and process diagrams, the text's worked examples apply concepts to problems in a consistent manner and emphasize the proper use of units.
- Over 2,000 Homework Problems. Including design, computer, essay, and lab-type problems, the text problems sets provide an opportunity for review and a chance to apply the concepts. They also encourage students to make judgments, and communicate and conduct independent searches.
- Safety awareness is promoted through the use of safety-related problems.
- Both the SI and English units of measurement are included, with an emphasis on SI.
- The book offers contemporary coverage of the important applications, including specific sections and chapters on the Cooling of Electronic Equipment, Heating and Cooling of Buildings, and Refrigeration and Freezing of Foods.
- EES Limited Academic Version CD to accompany Heat Transfer / 0-07-245938-7
- The Limited Academic Version of Engineering Equation Solver (EES) will be packaged free with the text. This CD-ROM offers a run-time demonstration of the EES program, sample solved problems, and over 50 solutions to selected text homework problems. To fully utilize the scripted EES problems, it is necessary for instructors to download the EES Engine, available free to departments of educational institutions adopting the text. EES is a software program that allows students to solve design problems and ask "what if" questions. This program includes a user-friendly equation solver and enables the student to perform parametric and optimization studies, and display the results in tabular and graphical forms. Property tables and data needed for solving thermodynamic problems are provided. The program also allows users to input additional property data as needed.
- Basics of Heat Transfer
- Heat Conduction Equation
- Steady Heat Conduction
- Transient Heat Conduction
- Numerical Methods in Heat Conduction
- Fundamentals of Forced Convection
- External Forced Convection
- Internal Forced Convection
- Natural Convection
- Boiling and Condensation
- Fundamentals of Thermal Radiation
- Radiation Heat Transfer
- Heat Exchangers
- Mass Transfer
- Cooling of Electronic Equipment
- Property Tables and Charts (SI Units)
- Property Tables and Charts (English Units)
- Introduction to EES
L'auteur Yunus A. Cengel
Autres livres de Yunus A. Cengel
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Heat Transfer - A Practical Approach"
|Éditeur(s)||Mc Graw Hill|
|Auteur(s)||Yunus A. Cengel|
|Nb. de pages||960|
|Format||20,2 x 25,3|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ d'un million de livres disponibles