Filled with cool physics facts and real-world examples
The fun and easy way(r) to get up to speed on the basic concepts of physics
Does thermodynamics leave you cold? Are you vexed by vectors? Does electromagnetism seem like just a lot of static? Relax! This friendly guide puts the fun back into physics fundamentals. Author Steven Holzner walks you through all the topics typically covered in Physics 101 - and throws in some wild physics facts about relativity, time travel, quantum theory, and more.
Discover how to
- Work with physics notation and math
- Measure force and energy
- Investigate heat, pressure, and sound
- Examine electricity, magnetism, and light
- Explore black holes, planetary rotation, and more
L'auteur Steven Holzner
Steve Holzner is an award-winning author who has been writing about Java topics since Java first appeared. He's a former PC Magazine contributing editor, and his many books have been translated into 18 languages around the world. His books sold more than 1.5 million copies, and many of his bestsellers have been on Java.
Steve graduated from MIT and got his PhD at Cornell; he's been a very popular member of the faculty at both MIT and Cornell, teaching thousands of students over the years and earning an average student evaluation over 4.9 out of 5.0. He also runs his own software company and teaches week-long classes to corporate programmers on Java around the country.
Autres livres de Steven Holzner
- Putting physics into motion
- May the forces of physics be with you
- Manifesting the energy to work
- Laying down the laws of thermodynamics
- Getting a charge out of electricity and magnetism
- The part of tens
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Physics for Dummies"
|Nb. de pages||384|
|Format||19 x 23|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ d'un million de livres disponibles
- Sciences Mathématiques Mathématiques appliquées Mathématiques pour la physique
- Sciences Mathématiques Logiciels de calcul
- Sciences Physique Physique fondamentale Physique générale
- Sciences Physique Mécanique Méthodes numériques
- Sciences Etudes et concours Classes préparatoires et grandes écoles - Livres classes prépas scientifiques Physique