- Covers lightplane performance flight testing methods, measures, and computer applications
- Includes CD-ROM with sample spreadsheets containing equations to help readers perform their own flight tests
- Describes GPS (Global Positioning System) test method for airspeed calibration and rapid-wind camera method for takeoff performance
How fast does it fly? How nimbly does it climb? What speed will induce stalls? What's it's glide ratio? Are the instruments accurate? Pilots need this information for safety—but they also want it for fun and bragging rights. With UNDERSTANDING PERFORMANCE FLIGHT TESTING, you can get accurate data on your home built, kitplane, or production aircraft easily and precisely, without headscratching, complex instruments, or wrestling with higher math or engineering formulas.
DETERMINE YOUR PLANE'S TRUE CAPABILITIES—EXPERTLY AND EASILY
The bestway to assess every important flight characteristic of your plane, Skip Smith's unique handbook makes flight performance testing simple.
- Pre-worked math and engineering formulas—you just plug in your numbers
- Perfect for anyone with a new kitplane, homebuilt, recently modified production aircraft, or older plane requiring reassessment
- Helps you determine the true performance characteristics of any light aircraft with confidence
- Explains aerodynamics and other principles in everyday language
- No need to master calculus, physics, or other technical subjects
- Plug in your numbers for quick results
- Get accurate data on airspeed, takeoff, drag, stall speed, endurance, range, glide distance, power, and more
- Works with Microsoft Excel
- Chapter 1: Effects of Atmosphere.
- Chapter 2: General Flight Test Procedures.
- Chapter 3: Airspeed Calibration.
- Chapter 4: Stall Speed.
- Chapter 5: Takeoff Performance.
- Chapter 6: Climb Performance.
- Chapter 7: Cruise Performance.
- Chapter 8: Descent and Landing Performance.
- Chapter 9: Computer Methods.
- Chapter 10: Evaluating Modification Effects.
- Appendix A: Symbols, Conversion Factors, Data Sheet
- Appendix B: Performance Data Examples
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Understanding flight"
|Éditeur(s)||Mc Graw Hill|
|Auteur(s)||Hubert C. "Skip" Smith|
|Nb. de pages||222|
|Format||18,5 x 23,5|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ d'un million de livres disponibles