--Bill Inmon, Inmon Enterprises
Business Intelligence Roadmap is a visual guide to developing an effective business intelligence (BI) decision-support application. This book outlines a methodology that takes into account the complexity of developing applications in an integrated BI environment. The authors walk readers through every step of the process--from strategic planning to the selection of new technologies and the evaluation of application releases. The book also serves as a single-source guide to the best practices of BI projects.
Part I steers readers through the six stages of a BI project: justification, planning, business analysis, design, construction, and deployment. Each chapter describes one of sixteen development steps and the major activities, deliverables, roles, and responsibilities. All technical material is clearly expressed in tables, graphs, and diagrams.
Part II provides five matrices that serve as references for the development process charted in Part I. Management tools, such as graphs illustrating the timing and coordination of activities, are included throughout the book. The authors conclude by crystallizing their many years of experience in a list of dos, don'ts, tips, and rules of thumb. The accompanying CD-ROM includes a complete, customizable work breakdown structure.
Both the book and the methodology it describes are designed to adapt to the specific needs of individual stakeholders and organizations. The book directs business representatives, business sponsors, project managers, and technicians to the chapters that address their distinct responsibilities. The framework of the book allows organizations to begin at any step and enables projects to be scheduled and managed in a variety of ways.
Business Intelligence Roadmap is a clear and comprehensive guide to negotiating the complexities inherent in the development of valuable business intelligence decision-support applications.
ContentsI. STAGES AND STEPS.
- Guide to the Development Steps.
- Step 1: Business Case Assessment.
- Step 2: Enterprise Infrastructure Evaluation.
- Step 3: Project Planning.
- Step 4: Project Requirements Definition.
- Step 5: Data Analysis.
- Step 6: Application Prototyping.
- Step 7: Meta Data Repository Analysis.
- Step 8: Database Design.
- Step 9: Extract/Transform/Load Design.
- Step 10: Meta Data Repository Design.
- Step 11: Extract/Transform/Load Development.
- Step 12:Application Development
- Step 13: Data Mining
- Step 14: Meta Data Repository Development
- Step 15: Implementation
- Step 16: Release Evaluation
- Human Resource Allocation Matrix
- Entry & Exit Criteria and Deliverables Matrix
- Activity Dependency Matrix
- Task/Subtask Matrix
- Practical Guidelines Matrix
L'auteur Larissa T. Moss
Larissa Moss is founder and president of Method Focus
Inc., a consulting firm specializing in improving business
information quality. She frequently lectures and speaks at
conferences on various data management topics, such as data
warehousing, data quality, data modeling,and data audit and
control. Her articles on data warehousing, project
management, data management, and data quality are
published in magazines such as DM Review. She also provides consulting services in data warehouse assessments, data warehouse methodologies, project management, data administration, data modeling, data quality assessment, data transformation and cleansing, and metadata capture and utilization.
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Business Intelligence Roadmap"
|Auteur(s)||Larissa T. Moss, Shaku Atre|
|Nb. de pages||576|
|Format||18,7 x 23,3|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine (1)
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ de 700 000 livres disponibles
- Informatique Informatique d'entreprise Conception et développement web Intranet et portails
- Informatique Informatique d'entreprise Conception et développement web Commerce électronique
- Informatique Développement d'applications Conception et développement web Commerce électronique
- Entreprise Marketing et vente Marketing stratégique - Marketing direct