Demystifying six sigma
A company-wide approach to continuous improvement
As one of the early divisional quality directors at Motorola, where the Six Sigma program of world-class quality excellence was developed, Alan Larson is a singular authority on implementing the system to improve organizational effectiveness. In Demystifying Six Sigma, Larson shows how this universally respected program can improve products, processes, and services by moving it beyond the realm of manufacturing and service operations, applying its philosophy to the entire organization.
Used properly, the Six Sigma approach can dramatically reduce costs, improve efficiencies, and maximize customer satisfaction in all operations. Yet many current Six Sigma programs use just a small portion of the company's total workforce, resulting in limited benefit and unused resources.
Highly readable and eminently practical, Demystifying Six Sigma demonstrates that this revolutionary management system is about total employee involvement, providing the tools and techniques needed to apply it across all departments.
Divided into three discrete sections, the book first shows how to establish an organization-wide culture embracing the mandates of the Six Sigma program, helping leaders and managers to foster among their employees a clear understanding of customer needs and what is required for success. Larson then presents his own unique and highly effective Continuous Improvement model, which can be used by all employees, bringing together manufacturing, administration, and service operations. The final portion of the book tells managers what to expect during implementation, as well as methods for managing the change to the new system.
Showing how to focus on the key success initiatives of your company, Demystifying Six Sigma provides the tools and information needed to establish customer-focused, team-based improvement programs throughout your entire workforce-and keep them there.
ContentsThe Basics of Six Sigma
- The Grass Roots of Six Sigma
- Creating the Cultural Structure
- Preliminary Tasks
- Step 1: Create the Operational Statement and Metric
- Step 2: Define the Improvement Teams
- Step 3: Identify Potential Causes
- Step 4: Investigation and Root Cause Identification
- Step 5: Make Improvement Permanent
- Step 6: Demonstrate Improvement and Celebrate
- Start Your Journey
- Managing Change
L'auteur - Alan Larson
ALAN LARSON is a management consultant and a former divisional quality director at Motorola. He has also trained staff at GE, and was part of the team that introduced Six Sigma to Honeywell. He lives in Scottsdale, Arizona, and can be reached at email@example.com.
|Nb. de pages||204|
|Format||15 x 23|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
- Les meilleures ventes en Graphisme & Photo
- Les meilleures ventes en Informatique
- Les meilleures ventes en Construction
- Les meilleures ventes en Entreprise & Droit
- Les meilleures ventes en Sciences
- Les meilleures ventes en Littérature
- Les meilleures ventes en Arts & Loisirs
- Les meilleures ventes en Vie pratique