What good is a project that's on time...on budget...and ends up providing your organization with no bottom-line results whatsoever? Whether it falls short of expectations, fails to ultimately be embraced by the people in the company meant to be using it, or simply lands with a thud in the marketplace, a project that doesn't truly deliver value is worthless at best. It's great to be on time and under budget, but to achieve positive results, project managers have to embrace an all-new philosophy of what it is they do for their organizations.
Maximizing Project Value shows you how to put the emphasis on value when managing a project, from the project's initial inception, all the way through its completion, and even farther down the road to determine whether it's of continuous worth to the company. This valuable guide offers a step-by-step plan you can use to establish the value of a project, identify value drivers and key performance metrics and then track and report them, organize a team for accountability, and much more. You'll get the tools and information you need to:
- Generate accurate value estimates in the proposal stage.
- Create a clear plan that identifies measurable and ongoing value.
- Establish buy-in from key players in your organization.
- Develop and use a process for managing the people responsible for implementing the plan.
- Adapt your project to meet changing business objectives.
Far too many projects lose sight of their original purpose due to shifting resources, changing organizational objectives, and other unexpected developments. Maximizing Project Value provides a clear, immediately usable blueprint for ensuring the kind of project success that truly provides value to your organization.
L'auteur - Jeff Berman
Jeff Berman is Vice President of PM tec, Inc., a leading project management consulting firm. For more than 20 years, Jeff has helped Fortune 500 companies including Gillette, Johnson & Johnson, FMC, CertainTeed, and Cytec deliver measurable value from project investments. He holds an M.B.A. and a B.S. in Industrial Engineering from Northeastern University. His keynote speaking events have included: Project Management Institute, American Production Inventory Control Society, New England Summit of Project Management, Mid Atlantic Project Summit, as well as many Fortune 500 client conferences. Jeff lives in Phoenix with his wife and daughter. He can be contacted at email@example.com or www.pmtec.com.
- Introduction: Beyond "On Time and On Budget"
- Defining the Project Business Case and Getting Buy-In from Top Management
- Executing a Project with a Business Value Mindset
- Achieving Project Value Through Stakeholder Management
- Creating Organizational Alignment and Accountability
- Establishing an Ongoing Project Performance racking Process
- Appendix A: Project Business Case Exercices
- Appendix B: Stakeholder Management Exercices
- Key Terms
- About the Author
|Nb. de pages||200|
|Format||15 x 23|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Nos clients ont également acheté
- Les meilleures ventes en Graphisme & Photo
- Les meilleures ventes en Informatique
- Les meilleures ventes en Construction
- Les meilleures ventes en Entreprise & Droit
- Les meilleures ventes en Sciences
- Les meilleures ventes en Littérature
- Les meilleures ventes en Arts & Loisirs
- Les meilleures ventes en Vie pratique