How one simple word can transform your life
Be flexible, accommodating, and great to have around? Of course. But a pushover? No!
Do you swear to yourself that you are going to be firm and not give in to unreasonable demands, only to "chicken out" when confronted with the need to make an important decision? If you're afraid that saying "no" will cause a backlash with friends, family, or colleagues, you'll be pleasantly surprised to learn that "no" can be a productive answer, and can put you in control of any situation-without turning you into a meanie.
No! turns the word into a tool for personal power, and gives you new ways to help discussions and decisions move forward. This enlightening guide reveals how "no" can help you protect your time, money, family, and more. And it demonstrates that "no" is a legitimate word that doesn't always need to be negotiated to "yes". Practical and entertaining, No! features:
- tools for better decision making
- definitions of six "say-no" personalities
- skill-building exercises
- more than 40 strategies for sticking to no after you've said it
- the Power of No survey, decision-making model and Decision Priority Grid
You'll also learn how to tailor your no's to different environments, use humor to diffuse tense situations, and anticipate the consequences and implications of your decisions.
L'auteur - Jana Kemp
Jana M. Kemp is the founder and owner of Meeting & Management Essentials, which focuses on improving decision-making, meeting, and time management skills for individuals and organizations. Kemp's business approaches include aerobic listening, knowledge brokering, time architecting, strategic question-asking, and decision-prompting that inspires action.
Kemp has brought the power of productivity, morale, and profit to day-to-day business meetings and operations since 1986. She is the author of Moving Meetings and the publisher of the quarterly online newsletter Better Meetings for Everyone. Kemp has also served as a business columnist for the Idaho Press-Tribune and Idaho Business Review newspapers, as a business segment provider for television news networks, and as a business radio show host for four years. Her time management expertise was tapped for content editing of the Unofficial Guide to Managing Time by Dawn Reno.
In 2004, Kemp chose to test her skills and to serve the state of Idaho by successfully running for the Idaho House of Representatives. All of her facilitation, moderation, catalytic question asking, and clear decision-making skills are put to good use in public service.
Kemp's clients include a variety of organizations such as: Fortune 100 companies, nonprofits, associations, conference-holders, and government agencies. For more information about Jana Kemp and her availability to speak for your organization, conference, or corporation, visit www.janakemp.com and www.StopWaffling.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 800-701-9447.
- Introduction: It's Hard to Say No
- The Power of No: No is just as important as Yes
- No and Self Protection
- The Ethics and Consequences of No
- Saying No: You Can Say No
- Stop Saying Maybe: Make a Decision
- Saying Yes
- Decision-Making Practice
- More practice: Saying No: Final Practice Scenarios
- Keeping Your Resolve
- Fifty Mantras for Saying No
- Appendix A: Acknowledgments
- Appendix B: The Power of No Survey and Advanced Power Practices
- Appendix C: Long List Ways to Say No
- Appendix D: Resources and Further Reading
- Appendix E: Share Your Story: Get a Book
- About the Author
|Nb. de pages||226|
|Format||15 x 23|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Nos clients ont également acheté
- Les meilleures ventes en Graphisme & Photo
- Les meilleures ventes en Informatique
- Les meilleures ventes en Construction
- Les meilleures ventes en Entreprise & Droit
- Les meilleures ventes en Sciences
- Les meilleures ventes en Littérature
- Les meilleures ventes en Arts & Loisirs
- Les meilleures ventes en Vie pratique