Why Men Earn More
the startling truth behind the pay gap--and what women can do about it
What are the real reasons women earn less than men? What can they do about it? Find out in a new exposé from the bestselling author of The Myth of Male Power.
Controversial and exhaustively researched, gender expert Warren Farrell's latest book Why Men Earn More takes as its stunning argument the idea that bias-based unequal pay for women is largely a myth, and that women are most often paid less than men not because they are discriminated against, but because they have made lifestyle choices that affect their ability to earn.
Why Men Earn More argues that while discrimination sometimes plays a part, both men and women unconsciously make trade-offs that affect how much they earn. Farrell clearly defines the 25 different workplace choices that affect women's and men's incomes-including putting in more hours at work, taking riskier jobs or more hazardous assignments, being willing to change location, and training for technical jobs that involve less people contact-and provides readers with specific, research-supported ways for women to earn higher pay.
Why Men Earn More, with its brashness in the face of political correctness, is sure to ignite a storm of media controversy that will help to make this thoroughly pragmatic exposè Warren Farrell's next bestseller.
L'auteur - Warren Farrell, Ph.D.
Warren Farrell, Ph.D. (Carlsbad, CA) is an internationally esteemed expert on gender issues, and the only man to have been elected three times to the board of directors of the National Organization for Women (NOW) in New York City. Financial Times named Dr. Farrell one of the world's leading thought leaders. He has been interviewed by Larry King, Peter Jennings, and Barbara Walters, and has appeared many times on nationally syndicated TV shows such as Oprah, Donahue, and CNN's Sonya Live. He is the author of many books, including the bestsellers Why Men are the Way They Are and The Myth of Male Power.
- A Personal Introduction: How the Journey Began
- 25 Ways To Increase Your Pay
- Field of Dreams: Choose the Right Field and Higher Pay Will Come
- The Field-with-Higher-Yield Formula: One to Five
- The Field-with-Higher-Yield Formula: Six to Ten
- Doing Time: People Who Get Higher Pay
- On the Move: People Who Get Higher Pay Are More
- Responsibility, Training, Ambition, and Productivity: People Who Get Higher Pay
- Women in the Workplace
- What Women Contribute to the Workplace
- Why Women and Men Approach Work So Differently, Yet So Similarly
- The Myths that Prevent Women from Knowing Why Men Earn More
- Discrimination Against Women
- Discrimination In Favor Of Women: Why Women Are Now Paid More Than Men for the Same Work
- The Genetic Celebrity Pay Gap
- Two Nagging Questions...
- Conclusion: Toward a New Vision of Men and Women
|Auteur(s)||Warren Farrell, Ph.D.|
|Nb. de pages||270|
|Format||16 x 23,5|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Nos clients ont également acheté
- Les meilleures ventes en Graphisme & Photo
- Les meilleures ventes en Informatique
- Les meilleures ventes en Construction
- Les meilleures ventes en Entreprise & Droit
- Les meilleures ventes en Sciences
- Les meilleures ventes en Littérature
- Les meilleures ventes en Arts & Loisirs
- Les meilleures ventes en Vie pratique