Alfresco Developer Guide
Customizing Alfresco with actions, web scripts, web forms, workflows, and more
Alfresco is an open source platform for Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solutions. ECM includes things like Document Management, Web Content Management, Collaboration/Enterprise 2.0, Digital Asset Management, Records Management, and Imaging. At its core is a repository for rich content like documents, web assets, XML, and multimedia. The repository is surrounded by a services layer (supporting both SOAP and REST) that makes getting content into and out of the repository a breeze, which is why so many next generation Internet solutions are built on Alfresco.
This book takes you through a set of exercises as if you were rolling out and customizing the platform for a fictional organization called SomeCo, which wants to roll out Alfresco enterprise-wide. Each department has a set of requirements that need addressed. We will show you how to extend Alfresco to meet these requirements. By the time you've worked through the entire book, you will be familiar with the entire platform. You'll be prepared to make your own customizations whether they are part of a Document Management solution, a web site that uses Alfresco for content storage, or an entire custom application built on Alfresco's REST API. This book will give you the knowledge and confidence you need to make Alfresco do what you need it to do
Alfresco Developer Guide walks you through the customizations made as part of an enterprise-wide rollout of Alfresco; from custom actions to RESTful web scripts and everything in between.
Jeff Potts, Optaros' ECM Practice Director, blogger, and Alfresco's Community Contributor of the Year, takes you step-by-step through advanced customization examples. Whether it is customizing Alfresco's web client or creating your own application that interact with Alfresco via RESTful web scripts, it is all covered here.
What you will learn from this book:
- Set up your development environment using Eclipse, Apache Ant, and MySQL
- Extend Alfresco's content model with business-specific metadata
- Customize the Alfresco web client with new UI actions, JavaServer Faces components, custom JSPs, dialogs, and wizards
- Roll your own REST API to enable a front-end web site to interact with the repository via AJAX
- Create a web form to allow non-technical content owners to contribute content into the repository, transform the content using XSLT and FreeMarker, and expos the content via REST
- Expose the WCM deployment actions external to the Alfresco web client using the AVM API and RESTful web scripts
- Secure the repository by defining custom roles, configuring Alfresco to authenticate against LDAP (including setting up your own OpenLDAP server), and integrating Alfresco with JA-SIG CAS, an open source Single Sign-On (SSO) solution
This book focuses on teaching by example. Every chapter provides a bit of an overview, and then dives right in to hands-on examples so you can see and play with the solution in your own environment. All code samples run on both the latest Enterprise and Labs release.
Who this book is written for
This book will be most useful to developers who are writing code to customize Alfresco for their organization or who are creating custom applications that sit on top of Alfresco.
This book is for Java developers, and you will get most from the book if you already work with Java but you need not have prior experience on Alfresco. Although Alfresco makes heavy use of open source frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, JavaServer Faces, and Lucene, no prior experience using these is assumed or necessary.
L'auteur Jeff Potts
Jeff Potts leads the industry's largest group of certified Alfresco consultants as the Director of the Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Practice at Optaros. Jeff brings over 10 years of ECM practice leadership and over 16 years of IT and technology implementation experience in IT departments and professional services organizations.
Jeff began working with and blogging about Alfresco in November of 2005. In 2006 and 2007, Jeff published a series of Alfresco tutorials and published them on his blog, ecmarchitect.com. That work, together with other Community activity in Alfresco's forum, wiki site, and Jira earned him Alfresco's 2007 Community Contributor of the Year Award. The same year, Optaros earned Alfresco's Global Partner of the Year and Implementation of the Year awards.
Jeff's areas of business expertise include document management, content management, workflow, collaboration, portals, and search. Throughout his consulting career he has worked on a number of projects for Fortune 500 clients across the Media & Entertainment, Airline, Consumer Packaged Goods, and Retail sectors.
Prior to Optaros, Mr. Potts was a Vice President at Hitachi Consulting (formerly Navigator Systems, Inc.) where he founded and grew the ECM practice around legacy knowledge management, document management, Web Content Management (WCM), and collaboration solutions in addition to custom development.
- The Alfresco Platform
- Getting Started with Alfresco
- Working with Content Models
- Handling Content Automatically with Actions, Behaviors, Transformers, and Extractors
- Customizing the Web Client User Interface
- Exposing Content through a RESTful API with Web Scripts
- Advanced Workflow
- Web Content Management
- Appendix A: API Reference and Examples
- Appendix B: Alfresco Configuration Reference
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Alfresco Developer Guide"
|Nb. de pages||556|
|Format||19 x 24|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine (1)
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ de 700 000 livres disponibles
- Informatique Développement d'applications Technologies objet Programmation objet
- Informatique Développement d'applications Programmation graphique et multimédia Programmation graphique en Java
- Informatique Développement d'applications Conception et développement web
- Informatique Développement d'applications Langages HTML
- Informatique Développement d'applications Langages Java - J2EE
- Informatique Développement d'applications Langages PHP
- Informatique Développement d'applications Langages ASP
- Informatique Développement d'applications Outils de développement Dreamweaver
- Informatique Développement d'applications Outils de développement Golive
- Informatique Développement d'applications Outils de développement Jakarta Struts
- Informatique Développement d'applications Outils de développement Jbuilder
- Informatique Certifications Sun Java Certification