How do the experts solve difficult problems in software development? In this unique and insightful book, leading computer scientists offer case studies that reveal how they found unusual, carefully designed solutions to high-profile projects. You will be able to look over the shoulder of major coding and design experts to see problems through their eyes.
This is not simply another design patterns book, or another software engineering treatise on the right and wrong way to do things. The authors think aloud as they work through their project's architecture, the tradeoffs made in its construction, and when it was important to break rules. Beautiful Code is an opportunity for master coders to tell their story. All author royalties will be donated to Amnesty International.
L'auteur Andrew Oram
Andy Oram is an editor at O'Reilly Media, which is a highly respected book publisher and technology information provider. An employee of the company since 1992, Andy currently specializes in free software and open source technologies. His work for O'Reilly includes the first books ever published commercially in the United States on Linux, and the 2001 title Peer-to-Peer. His modest programming and system administration skills are mostly self-taught.
Andy is also a member of Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility and writes often for the O'Reilly Network and other publications. Topics include policy issues related to the Internet and trends affecting technical innovation and its effects on society. His web site is www.praxagora.com/andyo.
Andy works at the O'Reilly office in Cambridge, Massachusetts and lives nearby with his wife, two children, and a six-foot grand piano that can often be heard late at night.
L'auteur Greg Wilson
Greg Wilson holds a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Edinburgh, and has worked on high-performance scientific computing, data visualization, and computer security. He is the author of Data Crunching and Practical Parallel Programming (MIT Press, 1995), and is a contributing editor at Doctor Dobb's Journal, and an adjunct professor in Computer Science at the University of Toronto.
- A Regular Expression Matcher
- Subversion's Delta Editor: Interface as Ontology
- The Most Beautiful Code I Never Wrote
- Finding Things
- Correct, Beautiful, Fast (In That Order): Lessons From Designing XML Verifiers
- Framework for Integrated Test: Beauty through Fragility
- Beautiful Tests
- On-the-Fly Code Generation for Image Processing
- Top-Down Operator Precedence
- The Quest for an Accelerated Population Count
- Secure Communication: The Technology of Freedom
- Growing Beautiful Code in BioPerl
- The Design of the Gene Sorter
- How Elegant Code Evolves With Hardware: The Case Of Gaussian Elimination
- The Long-Term Benefits of Beautiful Design
- The Linux Kernel Driver Model: The Benefits of Working Together
- Another Level of Indirection
- Python's Dictionary Implementation: Being All Things to All People
- Multi-Dimensional Iterators in NumPy
- A Highly Reliable Enterprise System for NASA's Mars Rover Mission
- ERP5: Designing for Maximum Adaptability
- A Spoonful of Sewage
- Distributed Programming with MapReduce
- Beautiful Concurrency
- Syntactic Abstraction: The syntax-case Expander
- Labor-Saving Architecture: An Object-Oriented Framework for Networked Software
- Integrating Business Partners the RESTful Way
- Beautiful Debugging
- Treating Code as an Essay
- When a Button Is All That Connects You to the World
- Emacspeak: The Complete Audio Desktop
- Code in Motion
- Writing Programs for "The Book"
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Beautiful Code"
|Auteur(s)||Andrew Oram, Greg Wilson|
|Nb. de pages||618|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine (1)
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ de 700 000 livres disponibles
- Informatique Développement d'applications Techniques de programmation
- Informatique Développement d'applications Techniques de programmation Programmation fonctionnelle
- Informatique Développement d'applications Techniques de programmation Programmation parallèle et multithreading
- Informatique Développement d'applications Algorithmique et informatique appliquée
- Informatique Développement d'applications Technologies objet Programmation objet