Have you tried using an "automated" GUI testing tool, only to find that you spent most of your time configuring, adjusting, and directing it?
This book presents a sensible and highly effective alternative: it teaches you to build and use your own truly automated tool. The procedure you'll learn is suitable for virtually any development environment, and the tool allows you to store your test data and verification standard separately, so you can build it once and use it for other GUIs. Most, if not all, of your work can be done without test scripts, because the tool itself can easily be made to conduct an automatic GUI survey, collect test data, and generate test cases. You'll spend virtually none of your time playing with the tool or application under test.
Code-intensive examples support all of the book's instruction, which includes these key topics:
- Building a C# API text viewer
- Building a test monkey
- Developing an XML viewer using xPath and other XML-related classes
- Building complex, serializable classes for GUI test verification
- Automatically testing executable GUI applications and user-defined GUI controls
- Testing managed (.NET) and unmanaged GUI applications
- Automatically testing different GUI controls, including Label, TextBox, Button, CheckBox, RadioButton, Menu
- Verifying test results
Effective GUI Test Automation is the perfect complement to Li and Wu's previous book, Effective Software Test Automation: Developing an Automated Software Testing Tool. Together, they provide programmers, testers, designers, and managers with a complete and cohesive way to create a smoother, swifter development process-and, as a result, software that is as bug-free as possible.
L'auteur Kanglin Li
Kanglin Li has worked as a software design engineer for Agilent Technologies and Communications Data Services, and has served as Assistant Professor at North Carolina A&T University. He is interested in techniques for automating key software development tasks. Currently, he is a consultant for web and desktop application development.
L'auteur Wu Mengqi
Mengqi Wu is a system engineer at Lucent Technologies' Bell Labs. She holds degrees in computer science and law.
- GUI Testing: An Overview
- Available GUI Testing Tools vs. the Proposed Tool
- C# Win32 API Programming and Test Monkeys
- Developing a GUI Test Library
- .NET Programming and GUI Testing
- Testing a Windows Form in General
- Architecture and Implementation of the Automatic GUI Test Tool
- Methods of GUI Test Verification
- Testing Label and Cosmetic GUI Controls
- Testing a TextBox Control with Input from a Keyboard
- Testing RadioButton and CheckBox Controls
- Menu Clicking for GUI Test Automation
- User-Defined and COM-Based Controls
- Testing Issues for Non .NET Applications
- Selected Bibliography
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Effective GUI Test Automation"
|Auteur(s)||Kanglin Li, Wu Mengqi|
|Nb. de pages||445|
|Format||19 x 23|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ d'un million de livres disponibles