The updated edition of the cornerstone introduction to analyzing composite materials.
Analysis and Performance of Fiber Composites, Third Edition is a revision of the classic fundamentals book on composite materials. It provides a complete, up-to-date treatment of the mechanics, materials, analysis, fabrication, characterization, and performance of composite materials, complete with numerous worked examples and exercise problems. The book features new material on such cutting-edge topics as analyzing structures, smart composite structures, and computer software for composite structure analysis.
This Third Edition of the classic text includes greater coverage of composites technology and presents new material on:
- Analysis of laminated plates and beams
- Emerging composite materials
- Measurement of physical properties
- Analysis of orthotropic lamina
- Thermal stresses
- Free-edge effects joints
- Fracture mechanics
Complete with guidance for using the latest MATLAB software for analysis, Analysis and Performance of Fiber Composites, Third Edition is a must-have for every engineer, scientist, and student in the field.
L'auteur - Bhagwan D. Agarwal
Bhagwan D. Agarwal is currently an independent consultant. He has been the vice-president of engineering services at Bodycote Polymer-Broutman Laboratory and professor of mechanical engineering and dean of research and development at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. The author of over 70 technical research papers, he has also contributed to several scientific books and holds two U.S. patents.
L'auteur - Lawrence J. Broutman
Lawrence J. Broutman is currently an independent consultant. After serving as professor of materials engineering at the Illinois Institute of Technology, he founded L.J. Broutman & Associates, a private consulting company. An author of books and technical papers, as well as coeditor of an eight-volume reference set, he holds four U.S. patents.
L'auteur - K. Chandrashekhara
K. Chandrashekhara is Professor of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering and Director of the Composite Manufacturing Laboratory at the University of Missouri-Rolla. The author of over 150 technical papers and contributor to several scientific books, he is a Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers and an Associate Fellow of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics.
- Fibers, Matrices, and Fabrication of Composites
- Behavior of Unidirectional Composites
- Short-Fiber Composites
- Short-Fiber Composites
- Analysis of an Orthotropic Lamina
- Analysis of Laminated Composites
- Analysis of Laminated Plates and Beams
- Advanced Topics of Fiber Composites
- Performance of Fiber Composites: Fatigue, Impact, and Environmental Effects
- Experimental Characterization of Composites
- Emerging Composite Materials
- Appendix 1: Matrices and Tensors
- Appendix 2: Equations of Theory of Elasticity
- Appendix 3: Laminate Orientation Code
- Appendix 4: Properties of Fiber Composites
- Appendix 5: Computer Programs for Laminate Analysis
|Auteur(s)||Bhagwan D. Agarwal, Lawrence J. Broutman, K. Chandrashekhara|
|Nb. de pages||562|
|Format||16 x 24|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
- Les meilleures ventes en Graphisme & Photo
- Les meilleures ventes en Informatique
- Les meilleures ventes en Construction
- Les meilleures ventes en Entreprise
- Les meilleures ventes en Sciences
- Les meilleures ventes en Littérature
- Les meilleures ventes en Arts & Loisirs
- Les meilleures ventes en Vie pratique
- Les meilleures ventes en Droit