Drought and Water Crises
Science, technology and management issues
Today the world is facing a greater water crisis than ever. Droughts of lesser magnitude are resulting in greater impact. Even in years with normal precipitation, water shortages have become widespread in both developing and developed nations, in humid as well as arid climates. When faced with severe drought, governments become eager to act. Unfortunately, this eagerness usually wanes when precipitation returns to normal.
Drought and Water Crises: Science, Technology, and Management Issues explains the complexities of drought and the role of science, technology, and management in resolving many of the issues associated with the world's expanding water crises. Contributors discuss a broad range of topics in attempting to answer these most pressing questions.
- How can we can improve planning tools and make mitigation took more readily available and adaptable?
- How can we promote widespread adoption of new water-conserving technologies and encourage their use during non-drought periods?
- How can seasonal forecasts and early warning systems be made more reliable and expressed in ways to better meet the needs of end users?
- How can the drought-related policy experiences of some countries be systematically utilized to benefit others?
Drought and Water Crises collates considerable information from diverse disciplines with the goal of reducing societal vulnerability to drought. Featuring case studies and stressing new technologies, the book seeks to encourage nations to adopt a more risk-based, proactive policy for water and drought management.
- Drought and water management: the role of science and technogy
- Case studies in drought and water management: the role of science and technogy
- Integration and conclusions
|Éditeur(s)||Taylor and Francis Books|
|Auteur(s)||Donald A. Wilhite|
|Nb. de pages||328|
|Format||16 x 24|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Nos clients ont également acheté
- Les meilleures ventes en Graphisme & Photo
- Les meilleures ventes en Informatique
- Les meilleures ventes en Construction
- Les meilleures ventes en Entreprise & Droit
- Les meilleures ventes en Sciences
- Les meilleures ventes en Littérature
- Les meilleures ventes en Arts & Loisirs
- Les meilleures ventes en Vie pratique