Seeing Is Believing
How the New Art of Visual Management Can Boost Performance Throughout Your Organization
Wait till your employees see this.
Take a look around your workplace and try to find the following items:
- A statement of business objectives. I think it's in that pile by the copy machine.
- A schedule of divisional goals. Everyone got that e-mail last year.
- Clear performance standards. They're in the employee handbook.
- Team workflow documents. On the bulletin board, sticking out from under the first aid sign.
- Regular communication and motivation from management to employees. We have the quarterly meeting, and we send out memos.
Stop. Is the information your employees need every day truly accessible? Just because it's there doesn't mean it's present. When information is hard to find, outdated, nebulous, or incomplete, the effect is profound. If they can't see it, it's as good as nonexistent.
The fact is, the visual elements in a workplace have a tremendous impact on execution, morale, and productivity. And it's not just about information access. A visually dynamic workplace energizes employees, builds pride and ownership, and conveys the strength and currency of the organization. Design and graphics, art and color, sculpture and dimension-all have profound effects. Far from simply prettying up the office, your organization needs to create an environment of visual stimuli that convey goals and expectations, that engender a collaborative attitude, and most important, that cannot be ignored.
This book represents a milestone in the science of workplace design. Whereas there are countless approaches for improving the comfort factor of work environments through color, lighting, furniture, and spatial flow, Seeing Is Believing is the first book to link visual elements directly to specific organizational objectives and individual tasks.
The authors have created a step-by-step plan for creating and implementing a Visual Management program in any environment. You'll learn how to create a dynamic VM system that:
- Replaces information overload with information sharing and dramatically improved workflow
- Seamlessly incorporates clear information exchange into an aesthetically pleasing and energizing workplace that *will make people want to come to work
- Resonates with workers of every generation, whether they identify with Life magazine or MTV
- Enhances relationships not only among employees, but also with customers, business partners, investors, and the public
- Ensures uniform understanding of crucial requirements and desired outcomes
Seeing Is Believing features many examples of how VM has improved performance in corporations, government offices, schools, and other organizations. The dozens of photographs and illustrations not only show the theory in action, they also show the many different approaches and alternatives you can consider in creating a VM program that's perfect for your workplace.
Somewhere buried in the piles of paper and the daily torrent of e-mail, your organization does have great ideas, worthy goals, talented employees-and a lot of potential. Bring them all together with Visual Management. Because seeing is believing.
- Imagine! A New Kind of Workplace
- Why Visual Is Important
- Foundations for Visual Management
- Visual Management in Action
- Road Map to Visual Management-Planning and Preparation
- Road Map to Visual Management-Implementation
- Reality Check: The Nuts and Bolts of Making Visual Management Happen
- A Final Word: Remember, It's Not Just About Looking Good-It's About Working Good
- Appendix: Twenty Questions (and Answers) About Visual Management
|Auteur(s)||Stewart Liff, Pamela A. Posey|
|Nb. de pages||272|
|Format||18,5 x 26|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Nos clients ont également acheté
Prévenir les risques et assurer la sécurité des immeubles collectifs à usage d'habitation et de leurs occupants - master espi-imsi 2e année management des services immobiliers
- Les meilleures ventes en Graphisme & Photo
- Les meilleures ventes en Informatique
- Les meilleures ventes en Construction
- Les meilleures ventes en Entreprise & Droit
- Les meilleures ventes en Sciences
- Les meilleures ventes en Littérature
- Les meilleures ventes en Arts & Loisirs
- Les meilleures ventes en Vie pratique