The First Time Manager
A true management classic with 200,000 copies sold!
A true management classic with 200,000 copies sold, this new, expanded edition is still the ultimate guide for every new manager.
Since its original publication, The First-Time Manager has helped many thousands of rookie managers handle their new responsibilities-and now it can help you! Clear and concise, the book covers all the fundamentals you need for success, with indispensable advice on topics including hiring and firing, leadership, motivation, and managing time and stress. In addition, the completely updated fifth edition shows you how to build trust and confidence, be an active listener, manage a diverse group of individuals, conduct performance appraisals, and address many other challenges that come with the manager's job.
Written in an inviting and accessible style, this classic skill-building book is an essential tool for becoming an effective, confident new manager.
L'auteur - Loren B. Belker
Loren B. Belker was an executive in a major midwestern insurance company for nearly 30 years, and the author of the four previous editions of The First-Time Manager.
L'auteur - Gary S. Topchik
Gary S. Topchik is the managing partner of SilverStar Enterprises, Inc., a consulting firm specializing in management development. He is the author of The Accidental Manager and Managing Workplace Negativity. He lives in Los Angeles, California.
- So You're Going To Manage People
- The Road to Management
- Starting Out
- Building Trust and Confidence
- Showing Your Appreciation
- Being an Active Listener
- The New Manager's Job and Pitfalls to Avoid
- Dealing with Your Superiors
- Choosing a Managerial Style of Your Own
- Building Team Spirit
- Tackling Your New Duties
- Managing Problem Employees
- Hiring and Interviewing
- Training Team Members
- Managing Change: Dealing with Resistance
- Disciplining the Employee
- "Oh My God, I Can't Fire Anyone!"
- Having a Legal Awareness
- Working with People and Building Relationships
- No Secrets
- The Human Resources Department
- The Current State of Loyalty
- Is There Such a Thing as Motivation?
- The Generation Gap
- Job Descriptions, Performance Appraisals, and Salary Administration
- Writing Job Descriptions
- Doing Performance Appraisals
- Salary Administration
- Improving and Developing Yourself
- Having Emotional Intelligence
- Developing a Positive Self-Image
- Managing Your Own Time
- The Written Word
- The Grapevine
- Your Best Friend: Delegation
- A Sense of Humor
- Managing, Participating in, and Leading Meetings
- Taking Center Stage: The Role of Public Speaking in Your Career
- The Complete Person
- Coping with Stress
- Having Balance in Your Life
- A Touch of Class
|Auteur(s)||Loren B. Belker, Gary S. Topchik|
|Nb. de pages||224|
|Format||15 x 23|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Nos clients ont également acheté
- Les meilleures ventes en Graphisme & Photo
- Les meilleures ventes en Informatique
- Les meilleures ventes en Construction
- Les meilleures ventes en Entreprise & Droit
- Les meilleures ventes en Sciences
- Les meilleures ventes en Littérature
- Les meilleures ventes en Arts & Loisirs
- Les meilleures ventes en Vie pratique