"Charles Handy writes in a way that makes important subjects accessible and real ... a study of management and organizations now regarded by many as one of the most successful of its generation" Andrew M. Pettigrew
Organizations are a part of everyday life, whether in schools, hospitals, police stations or commercial companies. In this classic text, Charles Handy argues that the key to successful organizations lies in a better understanding of the needs and motivations of the people within them.
Understanding Organizations offers an extended "dictionary" of the key concepts - culture, motivations, leadership, role-playing, coordinating and consultation and then shows how this "language" can help us find new solutions to familiar problems. All organizations need to select, develop and reward their people ; to structure and design their work ; to resolve political conflicts ; to lay down guidelines for their managers; and to plan for the future. In each case, the approaches and techniques described here (and the perspectives opened up by the detailed "Guide to Further Study") will prove invaluable.
Few management writers have been as consistently challenging and influential as Charles Handy. Firmly established as one of the core business texts, this book is essential reading for anyone interested in organizations and how to make them work better.
- Part One - The Concepts
- Part Two - The Concepts in Application
- Part Three - A guide to Further Study
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Understanding organizations"
|Nb. de pages||446|
|Format||12,8 x 19,7|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ d'un million de livres disponibles
- Vie pratique Sciences humaines et sociales Psychologie - Psychanalyse
- Vie pratique Sciences humaines et sociales Sociologie du travail
- Entreprise Stratégie - Direction d'entreprise Leadership - Organisation Organisation
- Entreprise RH et formation GRH
- Entreprise RH et formation Interculturel - Mobilité
- Entreprise RH et formation Droit du travail - Social Droit social - Santé
- Entreprise Efficacité du manager Diriger - Décider