Beyond training and development
The groundbreaking classic on human performance enhancement
The landmark book on workplace learning, in a thoroughly updated new edition.
"We need training for everyone in the organization on the importance of high-quality customer service-immediately!"
With requests like these pouring in from managers and executives, it's no wonder so many training departments are trapped in a flurry of activity. Moving from project to project, departments get sapped of the time and energy required to shift their focus from making isolated "quick fixes" to becoming drivers of long-term, demonstrable human performance improvements. Now there's real help for making this important jump.
Celebrated as the groundbreaking manual when it was first published in 1996, this completely revised second edition of Beyond Training and Development takes you step by step through a transformation process that will change the way you think about training and development. The book unlocks the extraordinary potential of Human Performance Enhancement (HPE), a systematic, holistic, results-based approach that focuses on accomplishments instead of behavior.
Packed with eye-opening examples, ready-to-use self-assessment tools and worksheets (also available on the accompanying CD-ROM), easy-to-read charts and tables, concise summaries of the existing literature, and original data from a recent survey of training and development professionals, Beyond Training and Development guides you through the HPE process, including how to:
- Build a convincing business case for change and assess the competencies your staff will need in their expanded roles.
- Gather and analyze information on the current level of performance in your organization.
- Envision what should be happening by conducting the often neglected step of environmental scanning-then comparing the results with your internal appraisal.
- Clarify present and future performance gaps, either working as a solitary analyst or adopting a team approach that empowers stakeholders.
- Identify the underlying causes of a performance gap-the most important and difficult step in HPE-with a focus on both fixing problems and seizing previously undetected performance enhancement opportunities.
- Use a variety of powerful, proven HPE strategies to narrow or close human performance gaps at every level: the organizational environment, the work environment, the work, and the workers.
- Demonstrate the bottom-line benefit of enacting HPE strategies in your organization.
This is your one-stop action manual for transforming training and development into an indispensable driver of human performance improvements.
- List of Exhibits
- Preface to the Second Edition
- About the Author
- The Need to Move Beyond Training
- Why Training Is Not Enough
- What Is Human Performance Enhancement (HPE) ?
- Transforming a Training Department Into a Human Performance Enhancement (HPE) Department
- Troubleshooting Human Performance Problems and Analyzing Human Performance Improvement Opportunities
- Analyzing What Is Happening
- Envisioning What Should Be Happening
- Finding Opportunities for Improving Human Performance
- Clarifying Present and Future Performance Gaps
- Determining the Importance of Performance Gaps
- Identifying the Underlying Causes of Performance Gaps
- Selecting and Implementing HPE Strategies: Intervening for Change
- Selecting Human Performance Enhancement (HPE) Strategies
- Implementing Human Performance Enhancement (HPE) Strategies to Address Organizational Environment Problems or Opportunities
- Implementing Human Performance Enhancement (HPE) Strategies to Address Work Environment Problems or Opportunities
- Implementing Human Performance Enhancement (HPE) Strategies to Address Work Problems or Opportunities
- Implementing Human Performance Enhancement (HPE) Strategies to Address Worker Problems or Opportunities
- Evaluating Results
- Evaluating Human Performance Enhancement (HPE) Strategies
- Epilogue: What Is the Future of HPE?
- Appendix I: Core Competencies of Human Performance Enhancement (HPE) Specialits
- Appendix II: Assessing Human Performance Enhancement (HPE) Competencies: A Data Collection Instrument
- Appendix III: A Worksheet for Enhancing Human Performance
- Appendix IV: Proposal Preparation Worksheet
- Appendix V: Resource List for Human Performance Enhancement
|Auteur(s)||William J. Rothwell|
|Nb. de pages||358|
|Format||18,5 x 26|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Nos clients ont également acheté
- Les meilleures ventes en Graphisme & Photo
- Les meilleures ventes en Informatique
- Les meilleures ventes en Construction
- Les meilleures ventes en Entreprise & Droit
- Les meilleures ventes en Sciences
- Les meilleures ventes en Littérature
- Les meilleures ventes en Arts & Loisirs
- Les meilleures ventes en Vie pratique
- Entreprise & Droit Fonction publique - Concours administratifs Enseignement - Recherche
- Entreprise & Droit RH et formation Projet de formation
- Entreprise & Droit RH et formation Parler en public - Conduire une réunion
- Entreprise & Droit Création d'entreprise Saga des entrepreneurs
- Entreprise & Droit Efficacité du manager Animer une équipe
- Entreprise & Droit Efficacité du manager Communiquer - Gérer les conflits Parler en public - Conduire une réunion