Movement disorders in children: a clinical update with video recordings covers a wide range of disease conditions that are characterized by involuntary movements possibly associated with signs of more diffuse dysfunction of the nervous system.These include both genetically determined and acquired conditions, running a clinical course that may be progressive, static, or paroxysmal.
Recent years have witnessed growing interest in the movement disorders of children. There has been an increase in our understanding of the pathogenesis of these disorders, and new perspectives for their diagnosis and treatment have emerged. This book aims to provide neurologists, paediatricians, and specialists in developmental medicine with a comprehensive update on these issues.
The more recent advances on dystonias, neurotransmitter disorders, chorea and PANDAS, tics and Tourette syndrome, paroxysmal dyskinesias, psychogenetic movement disorders and other specific syndromes and diseases - such as opsoclonus-myoclonus, rapid onset dystonia-parkinsonism, pan-tothenate kinase-associated neurodegeneration and Rett syndromes - are illustrated, and current topics on genetics, biochemistry, brain imaging, physiological investigations, quantitative assessment, and the pharmacological and surgical treatment of childhood movement disorders are covered.
The book also includes significant video documentation which we trust may be a helpful and crucial contribution for all professionals involved in the field of movement disorders, where the correct semiologic definition of the different conditions is one of the most important but problematic steps in the diagnostic work-up.
L'auteur Emilio Fernandez-Alvarez
Autres livres de Emilio Fernandez-Alvarez
- Nosography and semiology of movement disorders in childhood
- The genetics of dystonia
- Neuroradiological findings in paediatric movement disorders
- Neurophysiological investigations in movement disorders
- Quantitative assessment of paediatric movement disorders
- Primary dystonia
- Update on myoclonus-dystonia
- Pharmacological treatment of childhood dystonia
- Deep brain stimulation of the globus pallidus internus for the treatment of childhood-onset dystonia
- Dopa-responsive dystonias/dyskinesias (DRDs): diagnosis and monitoring of the treatment
- Clinical and aetiological spectrum of dopa-responsive syndromes
- Sydenham's chorea
- Opsoclonus-myoclonus syndrome
- Pantothenate kinase-associated neurodegeneration
- Functional (psychogenic) movement disorders in childhood
- Movement disorders in Rett syndrome
- Rapid-onset dystonia-parkinsonism
- Alternating hemiplegia of childhood (AHC)
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "Movement Disorders in Children: A Clinical Update - With Video Recordings"
|Auteur(s)||Nardo Nardocci, Emilio Fernandez-Alvarez|
|Collection||Mariani Foudation Paediatric Neurology|
|Nb. de pages||180||180|
|Format||18 x 25||-|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc||-|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ d'un million de livres disponibles
- Tous les livres de la collection Mariani Foudation Paediatric Neurology de l'éditeur John Libbey
- Tous les livres de Nardo Nardocci
- Tous les livres de Emilio Fernandez-Alvarez