The book provides a comprehensive review and update of the newest diagnostic and therapeutic tools in paediatric neurology. Special attention is paid to neuroradiologic and neurophysiologic techniques and to their clinical application, with guidelines and suggestions on how an integrated approach can be used to reach diagnosis. Some of the chapters focus on the newborn infant and the first years of life, highlighting the most appropriate MRI, clinical, and EEG techniques to investigate the developing brain. Techniques used in older children are also presented, including state-of-the art insights that afford a better understanding of the correlation between function and brain structure in young patients with brain lesions.
New genetic discoveries are particularly emphasized, as is the possibility of performing accurate phenotype-genotype correlation by combining latest methods such as muscle MRI and genetic information in order to identify diagnostic MRI patterns associated with specific genetic disorders.
In all chapters an effort is made to combine technical data with clinical applications in order to highlight, when possible, how these novel procedures can also be used in rehabilitation.
This book will be of interest to paediatricians, paediatric neurologists, neonatologists, and, indeed, to all those who are involved in the diagnosis and care of children with neurologic disabilities.
L'auteur Eugenio Mercuri
Autres livres de Eugenio Mercuri
- Effect of treatment of subclinical neonatal seizures detected with aEEG: randomized, controlled trial
- Neurologic assessment and cerebral MRI in preterm infants
- Neuroimaging techniques: general concepts
- Diffusion MR techniques to study the neonatal brain
- Visual development: new tools for assessment in the neonatal period
- Brain transcranial stimulation: diagnostic and therapeutic applications
- High-density electroencephalography
- Diagnosis of auditory processing disorders
- Muscle MRI: phenotype-genotype correlation
- Functional MRI in children: clinical applications
- Clinical and instrumental assessment of the upper limb in cerebral palsy
- Robotics and rehabilitation: new perspectives
Caractéristiques techniques du livre "New Diagnostic and Therapeutic Tools in Child Neurology"
|Auteur(s)||Eugenio Mercuri, Ermellina Fedrizzi, Giovanni Cioni|
|Collection||Mariani Foudation Paediatric Neurology|
|Nb. de pages||144||144|
|Format||18 x 25||-|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc||-|
Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine (1)
Paiement en ligne SÉCURISÉ
Livraison dans le monde
Retour sous 15 jours
+ de 700 000 livres disponibles
- Tous les livres de la collection Mariani Foudation Paediatric Neurology de l'éditeur John Libbey
- Tous les livres de Eugenio Mercuri
- Tous les livres de Ermellina Fedrizzi
- Tous les livres de Giovanni Cioni