How Premier Organizations Win the Race Against Time
Adventure stories for today's fast-paced business
In the world of business, every second counts...and some seconds count more than others. Executives never know when a critical time challenge is going to rear its ugly head, and knowing exactly how to handle it is the only thing that stands between success and failure. Here, based on the author's personal on-site interviews and observations, are the stories of prestigious organizations in a wide variety of industries successfully facing seemingly impossible deadlines.
• Broncos Stadium looked like a time management nightmare...until Turner Construction brought it in below budget and ahead of schedule
• Every shipping company turned down a unique challenge from Technicolor except for Airborne Express...which now "owns" the film distribution market
• Tropical storm Allison devastated the area around Conoco's Houston headquarters, overwhelming the local authorities...but not Conoco employees
• Boeing's 777, an FBI kidnapping case, the 2001 Odyssey Orbiter on a mission to Mars—how their teams made the impossible happen
Revealing (and quantifying) indispensable lessons in managing projects, the book shows how readers can overcome their own extraordinary challenges to beat the clock and achieve exhilarating success.
- Introduction: Making the Impossible Happen
- Chapter 1 Turner Construction Company Makes the Rocky Mountains Thunder: Delayed, stymied, frustrated at every turn, Turner Construction Company delivers the new Broncos football stadium ahead of time and under budget
- Chapter 2 Airborne Express Accepts the Technicolor Challenge: Airborne Express enters a venture so fraught with deadlines that UPS and FedEx had backed away
- Chapter 3 Mission to Mars--The 2001 Odyssey Orbiter: Successful deadline management doesn't have to be "rocket science"
- Chapter 4 The Ultimate Deadline--How the FBI Manages a Kidnapping: Agents rush to meet a literal "drop-dead" deadline
- Chapter 5 Boeing's Race to Deliver the 777 Wide-Body: A plane and a management philosophy for the twenty-first century
- Chapter 6 Conoco's Weekend of Caring: Volunteerism as the ultimate business deadline management tool
- Conclusion: Recurring Themes of Deadline Management
L'auteur - Dan Carrison
Dan Carrison (Santa Clarita, CA) is coauthor of the bestselling Semper Fi: Business Leadership the Marine Corps Way (0-8144-0413-8). He is a former columnist with the New York Times syndicate and is a frequent speaker for business audiences.
|Nb. de pages||254|
|Format||15,5 x 23,5|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Nos clients ont également acheté
- Les meilleures ventes en Graphisme & Photo
- Les meilleures ventes en Informatique
- Les meilleures ventes en Construction
- Les meilleures ventes en Entreprise & Droit
- Les meilleures ventes en Sciences
- Les meilleures ventes en Littérature
- Les meilleures ventes en Arts & Loisirs
- Les meilleures ventes en Vie pratique