A comprehensive reference to help businesses survive any kind of disaster.
It takes careful planning to ensure that a disaster of any type-whether the result of fire, an electrical outage, a major computer virus, or even terrorism-does not result in a prolonged service interruption that could affect your business for years to come. By creating a proactive disaster recovery program, you can keep your people, inventory, and resources safe and secure.
The Disaster Recovery Handbook is a comprehensive reference to help your business survive any kind of major disruption, giving you the tools you need to protect your organization in the event of extraordinary circumstances.
Filled with practical solutions and ready-to-use tools, the book provides detailed instructions for:
- Assessing risk
- Assembling a disaster recovery team
- Building an interim plan for immediate protection
- Setting up an emergency operations center
- Clearly documenting recovery procedures
- Testing and debugging the plan to make sure it works
- Ensuring the health and physical safety of your people
- Recovering vital records
- Protecting your material resources
Featuring a special CD-ROM with templates for process and skill matrices, contact databases, risk-assessment score sheets, and more, the book helps you consider every factor you need to include in your recovery operations. From facilities operations to telecommunications, computer networks to customer needs, the book gives you the forms and lists you need to ensure that everything is accounted for so that you can properly achieve containment.
The only defense against the unexpected is to be sure that you're properly prepared. The Disaster Recovery Handbook gives you everything you need to keep your organization running as smoothly as possible after any kind of disaster.
In the event of an emergency, does your business have a recovery system in place? What happens if the power goes out? Do your people know how to get out of the building or where to look for information? What procedures have you already instituted to backup your company-wide and personnel data? Do you know what to do to recover from the loss of your material resources?
The Disaster Recovery Handbook answers all these questions for you, giving you all the tools you need to establish a complete disaster recovery plan. You'll learn how to assemble a recovery team, set up an emergency operations center, and put your entire set of procedures in writing, protecting your business before the fact to safeguard against what could otherwise become an unrecoverable situation.
You'll learn how to create a system for backing up all your vital electronic and physical information such as invoices, checks, inventory levels, and receipts, and keep your customers from being left out in the cold as you regroup in the wake of any unexpected circumstance. You'll also find all the information you need to help your Human Resources department get a handle on the "people" side of any emergency. The book takes into consideration every possible type of disaster, and gives you the practical solutions you need to protect your people and your resources.
Including a special CD-ROM packed with critical templates, The Disaster Recovery Handbook is a vital resource for keeping your organization in business-no matter what.
L'auteur - Michael Wallace
Michael Wallace is president of Q Consulting, an IT strategy and disaster recovery consulting firm. He is a member of the Contingency Planners of Ohio, the Project Management Institute, and recently assisted the State of Ohio in developing statewide IT policies.
L'auteur - Lawrence Webber
Lawrence Webber is a certified project manager and Six Sigma Black Belt for CDI Corp. He began his technical career in the U.S. Marine Corps, and has more than 25 years of experience in the information services field.
The authors are based in Columbus, Ohio.
- The plan
- Getting started: overview of the project
- Risk assesment: understanding what can go wrong
- Build an interim plan: don't just sit there, do something
- Emergency operations center: take contreol of the situation
- Writing the plan: getting it down on paper
- Testing: making sure it works
- The assets
- Electrical service: keeping the juice flowing
- Telecommunications: your connection to the world
- Vital records recovery: covering your assets
- Data: Your most irreplaceable asset
- Networks: the ties that bind
- End-user PCs: the weakest link
- Customers: other people to worry about
- Suppliers: collateral damage
- Preventing disaster
- Fire: burning down the house
- Human resources: your most valuable asset
- Backups: the key to a speedy recovery
- Virus containment: high tech pest control
- Health and safety: keeping everyone healthy
- Terrorism: the wrath of man
|Auteur(s)||Michael Wallace, Lawrence Webber|
|Nb. de pages||400|
|Format||18,5 x 26|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Nos clients ont également acheté
- Les meilleures ventes en Graphisme & Photo
- Les meilleures ventes en Informatique
- Les meilleures ventes en Construction
- Les meilleures ventes en Entreprise & Droit
- Les meilleures ventes en Sciences
- Les meilleures ventes en Littérature
- Les meilleures ventes en Arts & Loisirs
- Les meilleures ventes en Vie pratique
- Construction Réglementation Hygiène - Sécurité
- Construction Urbanisme Déchets - Recyclage - Environnement
- Entreprise & Droit Enseignement Finance d'entreprise
- Entreprise & Droit Enseignement Finance de marchés
- Entreprise & Droit Droit privé Droit social et santé
- Entreprise & Droit Droit privé Droit social et santé Droit du travail - Droit social
- Entreprise & Droit Droit privé Droit social et santé Droit de la Santé
- Entreprise & Droit Stratégie - Direction d'entreprise Gestion des risques
- Entreprise & Droit Marketing et vente Relations publiques - Evènements
- Entreprise & Droit Marketing et vente Communication d'entreprise
- Entreprise & Droit Finance - Comptabilité Finance d'entreprise - Analyse - Evaluation
- Entreprise & Droit Production Déchets - Recyclage - Environnement
- Entreprise & Droit Production Maintenance