The Sourcing Solution
A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating a Successful Purchasing Program
Straight information and practical steps for better purchasing and procurement.
The purchasing function is in the middle of unprecedented change. The transformation is being driven by globalization in consumer and supplier markets, as well as by rapid technological advances that facilitate procurement on any scale.
The Sourcing Solution offers a clear overview of the new tools of sourcing success, including e-commerce and Internet strategies, supply-chain management technology, inventory auction sites, strategic sourcing initiatives, offshore and international sourcing, and much more. Author Larry Paquette brings his considerable experience to this engaging and accessible guide, designed to give readers practical ideas for use in their own organizations and throughout their careers.
The Sourcing Solution is a timely resource for professionals at all levels, including:
- Newly promoted buyers who will use it as a basic introduction to purchasing, filled with great ideas for how to do the job better
- Managers whose growth and new responsibilities require understanding of broader issues
- Executives who need to identify shortfalls in current sourcing initiatives, set new procurement goals, and develop strategies and metrics for ensuring success
L'auteur - Larry Paquette
Larry Paquette (Fresno, CA) has been a purchasing professional for more than 30 years, with experience at Caterpillar, Silicon Graphics, Beckman Instruments, and others.
- In the Beginning
- What is Sourcing?
- Low-Hanging Fruit
- Managing Your Vendors
- Vendor Consolidation
- Vendor Performance
- Vendor Certification
- Kill Paper, Not Trees
- Knowledge is Power
- Do What You Do Best, Outsource the Rest
- JIT, Kanban, SMED, and Other Funny Names
- Learning to Harness the Tools of Technology
- How to Compete With the Big Dogs
- Total Cost of Acquisition
- Lead Time
- Buy Capacity, Not Parts
- Contracts: Efficient Freeway or Muddy Morass?
- Partnership is Not Just a Word
- Wide World of Parts
- It's Your Career
- It's a Question of Ethics
- Managing the Sourcing Department of the Future
- Suggested Readings
|Nb. de pages||218|
|Format||16 x 23,5|
|Intérieur||Noir et Blanc|
Nos clients ont également acheté
- Les meilleures ventes en Graphisme & Photo
- Les meilleures ventes en Informatique
- Les meilleures ventes en Construction
- Les meilleures ventes en Entreprise & Droit
- Les meilleures ventes en Sciences
- Les meilleures ventes en Littérature
- Les meilleures ventes en Arts & Loisirs
- Les meilleures ventes en Vie pratique